What would you do, restaurant question?

badmouse

Platinum Member
Dec 3, 2003
I went with a couple of friends to a neighborhood restaurant - Italian - never been there before, other people said they had liked it.

As we were going in, an angry man came out and stopped us and told us not to eat there - it was horrible, they were nasty, food was awful, etc.

My vote was to stay and see if it was really as bad as the guy said. But the friends didn't want to take a chance so we went to Applebee's instead.

Would you have stayed or left?

p.s. I didn't know it would be Applebee's until we couldn't agree on anything else.

HonkeyDonk

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2001
I would look inside and see if the rest of the people there were also storming out saying the same things.

Otherwise, I'd just ignore that crazy guy and try it out myself.

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
I woulda stayed anyway... who listens to crackpots?

And if I knew Applebee's was the alternative there would have been no decision but to stay! :laugh:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I would have stayed. In going to Applebee's you took a possibility for bad food and made it a sure thing.

Omegachi

Diamond Member
Mar 27, 2001
what if that guy didn't like italian food, and somehow ended up in there...

like donk said, in this situation you have to see if the other people eating in the restaurant are enjoyin their food.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I would have tried it. Maybe he was a jerk so they gave him special ingredients.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
Originally posted by: HonkeyDonk
I would look inside and see if the rest of the people there were also storming out saying the same things.

Is that seriously your answer? If it takes 100% of the customers to give it a bad rating before you'll listen, I guess you'll eat anywhere. You are so esay to please.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
i'd try it out.

you said others said they liked it. quit being so spineless.....

:p

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
i would have stayed. there are always ppl who are never satisfied and are looking for a free meal.

suse920

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: ironwing
I would have stayed. In going to Applebee's you took a possibility for bad food and made it a sure thing.

FTWWWWWWWWWW

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
I had something similar happen to me once. But it wasn't a ranting/raving/angry stranger, it was an angry in-law. It prevented me from going in there for about 2 years. Then my curiosity got the better of me. I finally went in and it became my favorite restaurant for a decade. I ate there at least once a week.

Just don't ever put blind trust in any angry person. You may be missing out on a whole lot. Multiple different angry people from different parties is a whole other story though.

HonkeyDonk

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2001
Originally posted by: sygyzy
Originally posted by: HonkeyDonk

Is that seriously your answer? If it takes 100% of the customers to give it a bad rating before you'll listen, I guess you'll eat anywhere. You are so esay to please.

Are you an idiot? Where does I say it takes 100%? Stop assuming things out of your ass, k thx.

The point I was trying to make is that 1 angry person will not disuade me from going to a restaraunt. However, if I look in the restaurant and I see others doign the same, then yes I would seriously consider leaving. It all depends on how I see the reactions of others.

Stop being a douche ok?

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
There's no way an angry guy would make me change my mind. The guy is angry... it could be from being impatient or just a picky eater, etc. I would definitely try it for myself... especially if I'm already at the doorstep.