What would you do ? Part 2 *updated* with new question.

crawford

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2002
*Update 8/12/02*

New Question : I just found out his phone number. Is there any way I can find out his name with it ? If anyone knows how, his number is 585-998-0680.

Ok, Ill start by posting a link to this thread.

Basically I was to trade an in-dash dvd player for one L7 subwoofer and $125. It was a fair trade and I didnt think there would be any problems. So a lot of stuff happens and basically I find out that he never had the sub or the money. The auction where I learned about the trade was here. He said he had another one for trade at the bottom of the auction. So I send him the dvd player first (at that point he hadnt had any negative feedback on Ebay) then he sells my player on Ebay saying that he'll send me my money. I told him to just send it back but he wouldnt do it.

Here is the auction for MY dvd player. He got $336 and never sent me a dime. Now its like 2 months later and a few times he's said he sent "it" never specifying anything but of course he didnt send anything. I learned about Fraud of Interstate Commerce and I told him about it. He got a little worried and said he scrounged up $220. So I told him for good faith to send me that money specifying numerous times to send it via a method with a tracking number so i would believe him. Now he says he sent it but not a method with a tracking number. The guy is a real a-hole and he told me he was 15 so I would tell him my age. It slipped out that I am 17 and then he got all dumb and said something about me not knowing anything about laws (its true...)

So what should I do at this point ? I Know some key info about him.

Address:
Jareld DeMars
3591 Chili Ave.
Rochester, NY 14624

Email: jdny1025@email.com
(thats his ebay email name so I think its actually his real email)

Ebay name : ny1025

I made sure all this info was right by contacting a few people hes dealt with on Ebay. At this point I think all the info is right. I dont know his phone number but if anyone knows how to get a phone number from an address that would be awesome.

Sorry this is SO long but its a long story. What should I do guys ? You were right last time when he started screwing me.

Cliff Notes: A guy screwed me out of $336 and I need it back, he is a dick and I know his address, email address, and ebay name. What would you do to him to get your money back ? Thanks a lot

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
fencing stolen property is a serious offense. Let eBay know they are aiding and abetting a thief. You might get some that way. Otherwise it is a police/troll hunter matter

crawford

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2002
Well the auction took place over a month ago so I dont know what they could do. I contacted troll hunters but they said that they only deal with hardware forums or whatever and not ebay or anything like that.

max105

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2000
Maybe you can get someone on the forums living near him to go knock on his door and see what happens. if I were you, I would just report him to the authorities and not play any more of his games.

crawford

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by: max105
Maybe you can get someone on the forums living near him to go knock on his door and see what happens. if I were you, I would just report him to the authorities and not play any more of his games.

Yea thats true it has been one big game. I dont know which authorites to contact, mine or his. I heard from some people to call the Rochester police and some said to contact my police. Anyone know ?
Any live in Rochester ? :)

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Show up at his door w/ a .45, a receipt for a plane ticket, and a request for one DVD player.

If he actually is 15, that'd actaully be pretty funny to watch. :)

crawford

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2002
Notfred: I wish I could do that, but im way too busy and Id prolly get in huge trouble.
Millenium: Thanks Ill contact safe harbor.

jaydee

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
Originally posted by: crawford

Yea thats true it has been one big game. I dont know which authorites to contact, mine or his. I heard from some people to call the Rochester police and some said to contact my police. Anyone know ?

I don't live in Rochester... but neither does he. Chili is a suburb mabey 20 minutes from me. I'd call the Chili police. If neccesary, I can probably dig up a number if you wish. At 18 yrs of age, 5'10 140 lbs, I'm hardly an imposing enough of a figure to do anything useful. Good luck.

crawford

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by: jaydee
Originally posted by: crawford

I don't live in Rochester... but neither does he. Chili is a suburb mabey 20 minutes from me. I'd call the Chili police. If neccesary, I can probably dig up a number if you wish. At 18 yrs of age, 5'10 140 lbs, I'm hardly an imposing enough of a figure to do anything useful. Good luck.

If you could get a number I would be really thankful. Anything I can find out about him/where he lives is good. I really dont wanna have to contact the police or anything, I just want my money. Thanks man.

jaydee

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
Well, I meant the Chili Police number (Sheriff's office: 585-594-1470)

I looked up several white pages and reverse lookup websites and I can't find a DeMars on Chili Ave Rochester, NY. Name is probably bogus.

If you want your money, contact the police. You have little choice at this point. Where do you live BTW?

edit: The only thing you should consider to be absolutly true is the address you shipped to. More info on where he lives... well it's just on the other side of Union St., not far off from Rt. 36... a fairly nice neighborhood...

More police info: Monroe County Sheriff's website

crawford

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2002
Yea thanks for the number, I think im gonna call. I bet his name is fake but i dont know anymore.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
a look up by telephone number on bigfoot.com didn't come back with anything. though it will cost you, try ussearch.com.

crawford

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2002
thanks, ill prolly just call him. anyone else know if there is a way without getting charged ?