What would you do for the ultimate machine?

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
If you were offered a computer setup with 4 gigs of DDR 2 ram, Crossfire 1900xtx video cards and a Conroe X-Treme edition, would you take it with the stipulation that you must use it with this theme?

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/7944/0011kq5.jpg

You also cannot take the parts out and sell them, or alter the the cosmetic config. in any other way.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
i'd keep my current computer. 1GB RAM, AMD 2100+ CPU and it suits my needs.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
uh, hell yeah? Screw it, I'll use a normal computer for work and that for games. Of course, prt of the deal is that it has an appropriate monitor to go with those specs.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Yeah, not with a CRT. What a waste.

Also, you're not going to get the crossfire setup in a Shuttle cube... :p

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
As a real man, yes, yes I would use it. Only pansies who are too afraid of other people's opinions won't use it. Real men do what they want, when they want. And they do it without caring about what others think.

jonessoda

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2005
I can get a job, dude. And I'd prefer nVidia cards in SLI (especially if/when they release the quad-SLI drivers to the public) over Crossfire any day. It's funny, I used to be all about AMD and since they're buying ATI you'd think I'd have to be an ATI fanboy now, but since Intel's come out with Conroe (and is coming out with Nehalem sometime in the future), I can still support nVidia and not feel like I'm betraying my brand.

(Edit: post 999? I better make the next post count real good)

Thraxen

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Electric Amish
Yeah, not with a CRT. What a waste.

Also, you're not going to get the crossfire setup in a Shuttle cube... :p

Pfft... learn to calibrate.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
I thought the ultimate machine would be something more like this. And yes, Id take it even if it was pink with the "Hello Kitty" logo on it.

Your "ultimate machine" is lame.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Originally posted by: dighn
can I hide it in a room

NO.

Originally posted by: jonessoda
I can get a job, dude. And I'd prefer nVidia cards in SLI (especially if/when they release the quad-SLI drivers to the public) over Crossfire any day.

Yes, although with Conroe motherboards for the moment SLI isn't really possible.

Granted, you couldn't fit it in that shuttle either.

I've got nothing. :(

secretanchitman

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
switch out the monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, and case for something better. but you can color it whatever you want i dont care. core 2 extreme and crossfire? hell yes.