What would you consider the "American Dream" to be?

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Becoming filthy, stinking rich. Beyond the obvious benefits of having a boatload of money, the bonus is that it irritates liberals.

Russ, NCNE

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
For most people it is wealth.

To me, its living my life happily with someone I love.

e_mc_2

Oct 9, 1999
The american dream is a nightmare. To live in a trailer park, working a thankless job for the good of humanity, and a modest salary. I'm halfway there.

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
The american dream is written at the top of the Declaration of Independence.

Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

The beauty of the american dream is that the meaning of that dream is strictly up to the individual...

Dameon

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
The ability and opportunity to make your own destiny, your own fortune... if you have the will, the wits, and the courage to make it.

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Well personally I think the American dream is being a drunk driving, cocaine snorting, nitwit and still being able to be on a presidential ballet! Isn't that what everyone thinks? :frown:

Truthfully, I think the American dream is being happy and free by whatever means it takes, whether it be through money or otherwise. Some people might contend that money can't buy you happiness, but I have to disagree. Money can take you places poverty can't and anyone who says otherwise is diluting themselves.