What would you buy with $190?

Mar 19, 2003
I already have a 20" widescreen, a few hard drives, and don't really have the desire for a 360...I'd make a CC payment with it :p

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
New KB and Mouse (my Logitech wireless refurb is dying on me), scanner, new toner cartridge for the laser jet. Depending on what deals I could find, maybe a new HD.

From your poll. new LCD.

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2005
Nothing. $190 isn't much to do anything with. It'd probably sit in my wallet for a while before eventually being spent on whatever things came up.

batmang

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2003
Originally posted by: giantpinkbunnyhead
Nothing. $190 isn't much to do anything with. It'd probably sit in my wallet for a while before eventually being spent on whatever things came up.

we just bought a house that will be done in december, $190 to me is like.. heaven! ive been saving so long, lol.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: SynthDude2001
I already have a 20" widescreen, a few hard drives, and don't really have the desire for a 360...I'd make a CC payment with it :p

haha. :beer:

I'd buy a GP2X.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
It depends.

how much hard drive space do you have now, do you find yourself running out of space often?
How big is your current display now, do you have a dual display setup, is that what you'll be shooting for?
Do you play the xbox360, will that stuff get played?
Have you considered a faster socket 754 CPU?
What do you use your PC for?

If it was "me" I would sell the xbox and use all the remaining funds to upgrade the PC to either a Conroe or an AMD X2 with a decent PCI Express card.

If you find yourself short on Drive space, get the drives.
If you find yourself short on screen real estate, get the monitor
If you have plenty of drive space and plenty of screen real estate, and if you actually plag the Xbox360, then get it.

batmang

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2003
Originally posted by: BurnItDwn
It depends.

how much hard drive space do you have now, do you find yourself running out of space often?
How big is your current display now, do you have a dual display setup, is that what you'll be shooting for?
Do you play the xbox360, will that stuff get played?
Have you considered a faster socket 754 CPU?
What do you use your PC for?

If it was "me" I would sell the xbox and use all the remaining funds to upgrade the PC to either a Conroe or an AMD X2 with a decent PCI Express card.

If you find yourself short on Drive space, get the drives.
If you find yourself short on screen real estate, get the monitor
If you have plenty of drive space and plenty of screen real estate, and if you actually plag the Xbox360, then get it.

best response ever.

batmang

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2003
Originally posted by: Feldenak
Since it appears that the motherboard in my main rig is dead....I'd look to replace it.

heeey! i love my vnf3, it got my 1.6ghz sempron to 2.4ghz. 800mhz baby! my main pc rig is fine, i dont do much pc gaming so its fine for what i do. i wouldnt mind some more desktop real estate.. but the 360 is calling for some games. im just having a hard time deciding.

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
This

I already have twin 20.1" LCD's, a 500gb raid 1, a ~68" projection screen and just about every toy I could ever want under $1000 that doesen't include a handgun...