What would U do (VIDEO CARDS)

Macaco

Golden Member
Sep 18, 2001
Hey Guys:

Need some input/advice here. Here is my situation.

I have a Matrox Millennium G450 32MB Dual head (VGA both) AGP card on my MAIN PC & I just bought a USED PC (for other purposes) that has an almost new MSI GeForce 6200 128MB Dual head (VGA & DVI) AGP card.

I do not do any games but do multitasking a lot (Business type), DUAL LCD's (Both LCD's have DVI & VGA) & so forth. The Matrox is AOK, no problems whatsoever, but I wonder if it would be a DARN GOOD IDEA to use the other card instead?

Give me your input PLEASE & TIA

montypythizzle

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Macaco
The 6200 has both inputs, whereas the Matrox is both VGA

That is why I said you will probably need a DVI>VGA adapter.
Since I am guessing both of your monitors are VGA.

Macaco

Golden Member
Sep 18, 2001
That's what I was thinking.

I am looking for some CONVINCING reasoning for me to do it & I have not been able to find it. Other than the amount of memory, I really don't see Y I should change.

All OPINIONS R WELCOME :)

unfalliblekrutch

Golden Member
May 2, 2005
try both and see which one you like, if you can even sense a difference? I'm gonna take a stab at it and say that the matrox may have better analogue picture quality compared to the nvidia depending on how high of a resolution you are running. But the difference isn't going to be night and day

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
i guess you're not running vista, but if/when you upgrade you can use the 6200 for aero. other than that there's not much advantage.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
I miss the old matrox days, I used them for a longtime and always thought they had superior Image quality and they didnt confict with my Avid add in boards.