What would the U.S economy be like..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: LegendKiller
LOL, no, you have to be critical since your a fucking braindead moron who can't do anything but fall back on a book because you have no real knowledge of your own.
Was that really necessary?

I am published, while working for the President of my university (recommended by the dean of the business school), after which I worked for him to study the financial allocations of state educational resources with McKinsey & CO. I then followed by working for 2 Fortune 50 companies in treasury, both being recognized at the top. I passed all 3 levels of the CFA exams on the first try (something less than 10% do). I now work for one of the largest banks in the world, as a leader in my team and I am not even 30.
Well that's the great thing about anonymous forums; we can all be team leaders before we're 30.

I don't need to quote books, I don't need to write them, nor be an academic employed by a university. I know a shit-ton more than you and it's proven by your inability to counter my arguments. You're pathetically equipped to debate with me since all you can do is quote and dodge.
I never said I know more than you about Iraq's impact on oil prices. I said Stiglitz and Bilmes know more than you. I would argue they know much, much more about Iraq's impact on oil prices than you since you work in the private sector bank and they hold research-related positions at major universities.

How do you like them apples? (I can quote Good Will Hunting too, do I get a medal?)

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Originally posted by: LegendKiller
LOL, no, you have to be critical since your a fucking braindead moron who can't do anything but fall back on a book because you have no real knowledge of your own.
Was that really necessary?

Well that's the great thing about anonymous forums; we can all be team leaders before we're 30.

I don't need to quote books, I don't need to write them, nor be an academic employed by a university. I know a shit-ton more than you and it's proven by your inability to counter my arguments. You're pathetically equipped to debate with me since all you can do is quote and dodge.
I never said I know more than you about Iraq's impact on oil prices. I said Stiglitz and Bilmes know more than you. I would argue they know much, much more about Iraq's impact on oil prices than you since you work in the private sector bank and they hold research-related positions at major universities.

How do you like them apples? (I can quote Good Will Hunting too, do I get a medal?)

No, not really, but when somebody like you sits around saying silly stuff, it gets pretty annoying and ridiculous.

What's great about anonymous forums is that people like you can dismiss people like me by merely saying what you said. People who know me, such as 3cho, know that I am legit.

You didn't need to say you know more than me, you only claimed you read a book which told you what to think. That book may or may not be incorrect, since books have been proved to be incorrect many times. I would argue that they may not know more about Iraq's impact upon oil since they only looked at a few different areas and ignored many others (I did read the book).

I hold a research related position at my bank, BFD.

Sure, you get a sparky medal for only being able to quote stuff, not being able to be original.

It's OK though, not everybody can be so knowledgable in life. Go back to your books while I work in the environment you only read about.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Humanity is asleep and operating like a machine, confined to operate reactively to the cumulative effects of unconscious motives.

The river of humanity flows as it flows and can't flow any other way. Only the awakened can alter the course of events and you don't likely know a single one of them.

Why bother to dream about 'what if'........why not see how you sleep. Look how we are captured by any 'put-down'.

War is mass psychosis and we are at war. We are insane. Insanity is war waiting to happen. We are at war within. We are the Gods of love that have been taught to hate.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It's almost impossible to say, but generally less government borrowing means a stronger dollar, less inflation, and lower interest rates.