what would happen to the US if the yuan or euro became the reserve currency?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
The US will be at the egde of economic fall. While threatening Russia Obama has forgotten to pay attention to our internal economy

Thank You for admitting that you were from Russia!
If I may ask you since it is obvious that English is not your first language....

какие внутренние экономика? == What internal economy?

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005
Since no one wants to actually answer the hypothetical question, I will. The US economy would completely crash overnight and the entire global economy would descend into absolute chaos.
Neighbors would go to war with each other without the US around. So, if it happened suddenly, everyone has as much to lose as the US. It would be the ultimate power vacuum.

would it actually crash overnight or be a more drawn out thing? wouldnt they print more money?

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
would it actually crash overnight or be a more drawn out thing? wouldnt they print more money?

If the world ditched the dollar this morning, the economy would crash by lunch time. I wouldn't be able to buy a burger from the roach coach because they would charge $1,000 for it.
No, but seriously. The dollar gets a lot of its worth from people using it as a reserve currency. If it was ditched, then all those dollars would become something you could wipe your ass with and that would be just fine. At least they would be used.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Can I be minister in charge of hookers and blow?

Well, I would be runinng an evil dictatorship, so I would not have ministers. Instead, all high ranking officials would be given the title "Field Marshall" or "Admiral" (up to the official to choose the title.)
So, as minister in charge of hookers and blow, the title would be more like "Admiral of Brothels and Blow" ."

The primary official duty of the job would be something along the lines of cwtching tidy lasses.