what would be considered "normal" voltage(s) for a 975 D0 cpu @ 4ghz w/ HT enabled

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Originally posted by: terentenet

Aigo, that's nice :)) and preety cool running. I do run in a warm ambient with A/C unit not on all the time. My ambient is 28 degrees (82F). My CPU temps reach 70 degrees now, at 1.27v.
Can you please give some details on the cooling you have on yours?
I will try those settings tonight, maybe it will work. I will make that run with A/C on to help the cooling system.

dual ddc-2, kl-350, and PA120.3 on its own loop.

Im on the apex of a single cpu loop, meaning its gonna be very hard for you to pull better temps then on water. :X

I have 5 DDC's in my system on 3 different loops. :p

terentenet

Nov 8, 2005
What fans are you running on that rad? I guess you have faster fans than I have... I use Noctua NF-P12 1300 fans. I have 2 Feser 480 rads, 3 ddc ultras and koolance 350 on the cpu loop.
I have a total of 7 DDC's in my system. 3 in the CPU loop, 2 in the GPU loop and 2 in the motherboard + HDD's loop.

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
hmmm....

i am using san aces. :p

terentenet

Nov 8, 2005
Aigo, aren't those San Aces loud? What fans would you suggest, quiet and more powerful than the Noctuas? I have a few Delta's around.... if I start one of those, I swear I can hear it 2 rooms away with the doors closed. I heard good things about the Scythe S-Flex F 1600 rpm fans. If I were to change the fans on the 2nd rad with these, would it help temps a bit?
So I would have: RES -> DDC Ultra EK X-Top V2 -> 2 x DDC Ultra Watercool Dual Top -> Feser 480 Noctua NF-P12 1300rpm -> Feser 480 Scythe S-Flex F 1600rpm -> Koolance CPU 350AT -> RES

On the other hand, I am very happy with the way it works right now. I don't have any issues with it, it runs rock solid and quiet too. I could have opted for much better temps, I have a Dimas SS Phase change unit with Water chiller circuit laying around. I could have used that on the CPU and chill the GPU loop... but I opted for quietness.

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
if ur happy with it, dont mess with it.

thats always been my golden rule.

the moment you mess with it, chances are something wont work right, and you'll be in a lot of hurting... expecially since u didnt build that computer. :X

terentenet

Nov 8, 2005
Well, I didn't build it because it required lots of metal working and I'm not very good at that. All components were chosen by me, most of the ideas that led to this system were mine. Changing the fans on the Rad panel would be very easy... the rad panel is connected to the watercooling loop via 4 Koolance VL3 QDC's (2 ins 2 outs). Anyways, as you said, if it works fine, I won't bother... I like the Noctua's; they are quiet and they do push some air. Granted, there are better options, but I will lose the quiet factor.

It is raining now and the ambient in my room is 25 degrees. Nice temps!! It seems to me that for each degree dropped in ambient, watercooled components run 2-3 degrees cooler. Is that a good observation? Or is it just me?