What will the next Biden avoidable screw up be?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
elaborate since the news link in that thread does not explain the French incompetence.

also, US made Australia a deal it could not refuse?
Anyone know if US taxpayers are subsidizing this deal?
As for your last question do your own research…….

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
elaborate since the news link in that thread does not explain the French incompetence.

also, US made Australia a deal it could not refuse?
Anyone know if US taxpayers are subsidizing this deal?
Just an FYI JEDI ... it would have been better if you talked about a mistake Biden made that everyone could agree would be considered an actual mistake done by Biden. For example, it was Biden's mistake to push an infrastructure bill that did not contain a clause like, "states that have laws which could help the spread of COVID or not hinder the rise of COVID related deaths, are not eligible to receive funds from this bill." Biden should have vouched for such a clause to be added to the infrastructure bill, even if it meant that the bill would not have passed. Now that is something every Democrat would agree on ... except maybe Manchin.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
That was a commendable position by France actually. The war in Iraq was a farce and it's great someone stood up to it.

I also think France is being overly dramatic about the subs. It is in our common interests to keep China in check, and the nuclear subs will do a better job of that.

-Shhhhhiiiiittttttt I just had freedumb fries on the brain the other day and couldn't firmly put a finger on what caused that absurdly moronic outrage. I knew it occured around the Afghan/Iraq invasion timeframe. If only those dumb bastards had let me turn all that french wine they were pouring out into piss we would have really stuck it to France...

Anyway, as far as the topic, I think the media is sort of going through Trump detox right now and turning every fucking thing into a "scandal" to get their next hit. The immigrants under the bridge was the most recent rah-rah I heard and that was on NPR of all places.

The Biden Admin is not some shining Camelot. They're largely boring, technocratic, and badly hampered by an old and somewhat senile leader that had to pick up the slack from an actively hostile outgoing admin. Giving Biden a pipe cleaner year to get shit sorted out after the figurative war Trump waged against the administrative state. Then I'll start really getting judgey about fuck-ups.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
The total trainwreck at the border? Doesn't matter what the next screw up will be because the WH and the mass media will lie about it and try to blame Trump.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
This last point is just fucking dumb. US foreign policy is shifting to really dealing with China. Helping Australia with SSNs gives a critical ally in the region far more capability than the deal they had signed with France. Frankly we're going to have to significantly strengthen are our military ties and technology transfers with our allies in the region to counter China's aggressiveness.
This. NATO has ensured peace in Europe and an axis to counter an aggressive former USSR. Now another geolocation is demanding attention.
Actually there is only one way I can see this cock up and cluster fail. And that is you guys 2024. Trump 2024 going full Putin fluffer, reversing everything Biden has done, leave NATO and make coal great again. IMO the US is the biggest threat to worldwide peace and stability.

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
This. NATO has ensured peace in Europe and an axis to counter an aggressive former USSR. Now another geolocation is demanding attention.
Actually there is only one way I can see this cock up and cluster fail. And that is you guys 2024. Trump 2024 going full Putin fluffer, reversing everything Biden has done, leave NATO and make coal great again. IMO the US is the biggest threat to worldwide peace and stability.

-The planet needs a strong US now more than ever. We're sitting at the crossroads right now, like we were in 1938. Big question is if we get some clown promising "peace in our time" or someone who knows how to practice "Big Stick" diplomacy.

AUKUS is Big Di... I mean Stick... Diplomacy. China is gonna hear that loud n clear without us ever saying a word.

Reactions: cytg111

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Who cares, just let the GOP have this country and see what they can do with 4-8 years (hint: not much, have they had any new ideas in the last 40 years???). Maybe then the public will finally see that they just aren't good at governing.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Who cares, just let the GOP have this country and see what they can do with 4-8 years (hint: not much, have they had any new ideas in the last 40 years???). Maybe then the public will finally see that they just aren't good at governing.
Hint : Look towards Russia to get a glimpse of that future. Current technology is more than capable of subduing a nation, control the facts and deepthroat righteous propaganda.
Days of swarming the streets with pitchforks are over. You have one shot.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
If Republican voters haven’t seen that their party sucks at governing after Reagan, Bush, Gingrich, Bush, McConnell, and Trump plus dozens of governors and state houses, what would it take to alert these voters to this state of affairs?

Reactions: iRONic and hal2kilo

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
The total trainwreck at the border? Doesn't matter what the next screw up will be because the WH and the mass media will lie about it and try to blame Trump.
Are you still slinging the border shit around? Something that was predicted to happen BEFORE BIDEN TOOK OFFICE, Because of Trump's border policies, which I might add, Biden was told by the SCOTUS to re-instate Trump's border policies.... so tell me dumbass, how can Biden control something that was caused by Trump's policies, when he is ordered to re-instate those same policies that caused the problem? Sounds a lot like you are in denial of facts, which makes you continually lie to yourself. That's not the media, the WH, or anyone else, but YOU doing the lying to keep your bullshit false image alive. Maybe if you stop lying to yourself you can see reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: dank69

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
Name a thing the WH in collusion with mass media has lied about since Bidens inauguration.

I can't wait to see what bullshit your broken brain tries to come up with.

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Starting off she was my horse in 2020, but she ran a terrible primary campaign. Makes no pretty worried what a general would look like for her.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
The only worst screw up Biden can make, would be not to run for 2024. Let's be honest, there are anti-feminists in America. Kamala Harris would have a hard time to win the 2024 election.

Who says it has to be either Biden or Harris? I haven't made up my mind yet, but IMO Biden should probably not run in 2024, mainly because of his age. I'm not a fan of Harris as a candidate either. We need to just have another primary like we did in 2020 and see which candidate is best.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Who says it has to be either Biden or Harris? I haven't made up my mind yet, but IMO Biden should probably not run in 2024, mainly because of his age. I'm not a fan of Harris as a candidate either. We need to just have another primary like we did in 2020 and see which candidate is best.
I've said it earlier, Biden won't run, we need a primary so Harris isn't the anointed one. My early horse that I think would be a perfect foil is mayor Pete. He's just too quick on his feet and could run circles around any MAGAT cockroach candidate, especially Trump.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
is backstabbing one of America's oldest ally's worth the slight advantage of nuclear powered subs over conventional subs?

Also, one of the platforms Biden ran on was repairing international relations with America's allies.

Backstabbing France would be something Trump would do.
France wasn't living up to their side of the deal regardless and where late and over schedule. Nuclear subs are a huge advantage over diesel subs. France is just throwing a timber tantrum. I guess the US could do that next time some airline cancels a deal with Boeing and buys from Airbus too.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
If Republican voters haven’t seen that their party sucks at governing after Reagan, Bush, Gingrich, Bush, McConnell, and Trump plus dozens of governors and state houses, what would it take to alert these voters to this state of affairs?

I think it would take another Elisabeth Freeman and W. E. B. Du Bois, I am referring to their work of showing the horror and unethnicality of the lynching of Jesse Washington.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I think it would take another Elisabeth Freeman and W. E. B. Du Bois, I am referring to their work of showing the horror and unethnicality of the lynching of Jesse Washington.

The Republican voters are not looking for good governance at all, they would fully support an autocratic oligarchy like in Russia, as long as they could keep hating the browns, the blacks, the gays and oppress women's rights. Give them that and they will give you all the power.

It's just an expansion of this quote from Lyndon Johnson below. One of the greatest quotes by an American president ever. It's not just the blacks anymore though, but the thought is still there

""If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

Last edited:
Reactions: iRONic

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I've said it earlier, Biden won't run, we need a primary so Harris isn't the anointed one. My early horse that I think would be a perfect foil is mayor Pete. He's just too quick on his feet and could run circles around any MAGAT cockroach candidate, especially Trump.

Buttigieg was my absolute favorite in the mix last year. Would love to have seem him debate Trump. It would have been a massacre.

Unfortunately, I've come to the conclusion that he may be unelectable because he's gay. I want to be wrong about that but I don't think I am.

Reactions: dawp and Muse