What will it take for Bush to get his illegal alien voter rights act passed?

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
what "voter rights act" All I see is a guest worker program. No one is proposing they be allowed to vote.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
what "voter rights act" All I see is a guest worker program. No one is proposing they be allowed to vote.

There is even talk of fine for those that are already in the country.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Kicking all the illegals out, not letting anymore in and then letting the remaining (0) vote.

Compton

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2000
I don't think Bush intends for his illegal crap to pass. It's just hype that he made up for votes.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Compton-

" I don't think Bush intends for his illegal crap to pass. It's just hype that he made up for votes."

Maybe. And maybe it's just more of the cheap labor means higher profits mentality. I'm hoping the whole thing blows up in his face (figuratively speaking, of course).

Bush claims that his guest workers will take jobs that Americans don't want. It seems obvious Americans don't want those jobs at the wages currently being offered, a not so subtle difference.

Offshoring and importation of cheap labor increase profits, also deflate prices for some goods and services while maintaining high unemployment for Americans. Just part of the planned downward spiral into a third world society...

It doesn't matter how cheap stuff is at walmart if you can't pay the rent.

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Compton
I don't think Bush intends for his illegal crap to pass. It's just hype that he made up for votes.

Not a bad idea actually. Bush could make some expensive proposal to give everyone a Ferrari and when it gets knocked down, he could say that "Kerry and Edwards don't want you to have a Ferrari. Do you really want someone like that as president?"

P.S. - feel free to replace 'Ferrari' with 'tax cuts' *cough*

Compton

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Jhhnn
Compton-

" I don't think Bush intends for his illegal crap to pass. It's just hype that he made up for votes."

Maybe. And maybe it's just more of the cheap labor means higher profits mentality. I'm hoping the whole thing blows up in his face (figuratively speaking, of course).

Bush claims that his guest workers will take jobs that Americans don't want. It seems obvious Americans don't want those jobs at the wages currently being offered, a not so subtle difference.

Offshoring and importation of cheap labor increase profits, also deflate prices for some goods and services while maintaining high unemployment for Americans. Just part of the planned downward spiral into a third world society...

It doesn't matter how cheap stuff is at walmart if you can't pay the rent.

I wouldn't have too much of a problem with some sort of well regulated guest worker program. Cus yeah, I don't want to go pick oranges all day. But giving people who already broke our laws any form of amnesty is just ludicrous.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Compton:

Dead on right. Pure politics. It doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of passing this year.

However, I think that it has raised the level of the discussion which is good. We need creative solutions for these problems without destroying American jobs and encouraging illegal behavior.

I also like Bush's space program iniative and would support it if he withrew from Iraq. We can't afford it right now, but that program would provide a nice economic stimulus for something close to my heart-space exploration.

-Robert

Antisocial Virge

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 1999
All I can say, as a person who came to this country legally from Canada and has jumped through hoops and paperwork for years with a interview that is a year, A YEAR, past due. IT PISSES ME OFF. Now all I need is my legal, LEGAL !!!, immigration procedues to be delayed due the fact that there could be a flood of new Mexican paperwork coming down the tubes.