What will a Hillary Clinton Presidency bring to the table on the subject of Campaign

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
Promises like that are easy, there's no way in hell the red states would pass it. Let alone get it out of congress. Republicans have the house so gerrymandered they might still hold control even with Trump as their leader.

Saying and promising things like this are easy, lets see who she put in charge of the FTC, on the FCC boards, etc... One of the reason I supported Sanders was not due to promises like this but because I felt he would put people that would actually go after people and Corps instead of putting insiders in charge and letting them do as they please.

Dec 10, 2005
Promises like that are easy, there's no way in hell the red states would pass it. Let alone get it out of congress. Republicans have the house so gerrymandered they might still hold control even with Trump as their leader.

Saying and promising things like this are easy, lets see who she put in charge of the FTC, on the FCC boards, etc... One of the reason I supported Sanders was not due to promises like this but because I felt he would put people that would actually go after people and Corps instead of putting insiders in charge and letting them do as they please.
The FCC has an "insider" in charge and they have been pretty rigourous about going after monopolistic practices. Being an insider isn't inherently a bad thing.

Oct 16, 1999
I've heard you can't trust HRC.

Because she has a trust "problem."

As opposed to any and every other politician.

But for some reason, for HRC, that's a "real" issue.

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
The FCC has an "insider" in charge and they have been pretty rigourous about going after monopolistic practices. Being an insider isn't inherently a bad thing.

That was after he played their game for a while. Don't forget he was very soft at first and even blocked things against cable. It was not till they won their lawsuit and then fought his middle of the road proposal did he switch to full net neutrality. And that fight will still be going on after he leaves as he drug his feet for so long even though it was obvious for most before that.

I'm guessing he burned some bridges and did not have a soft job waiting for him like Powell did so he has nothing to lose.

Painman

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2000
Easy for her to say.

If she passes TPP/TTIP, there's no more democracy, no more sovereignty, and it will no longer matter what ANY politician says.

We're just owned.

Last edited:

Painman

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2000
Yeah, but he started out as a Drumpf long ago :)

;)

And *you* started out as a slimy, smelly load of nut sauce from some dude who might have had a name that sounds funny to people now

Get some better lines of attack.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I've heard you can't trust HRC.

Because she has a trust "problem."

As opposed to any and every other politician.

But for some reason, for HRC, that's a "real" issue.

Yep, and that's being said by a guy who lies 80% of the time in his campaign speeches and is in a trial for fraud.

And he's not even a politician !

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
And *you* started out as a slimy, smelly load of nut sauce from some dude who might have had a name that sounds funny to people now

It wasn't really meant as an attack to begin with.

Who pissed in your Wheaties, Francis ?

I've been refraining from calling you a typical Masshole for awhile now, but you keep pushing that stereotype.

Some of my best buds in the past were from there, but your really going out of your way there.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Why don't you fuck off, Painman. We have had some pretty thorough examination of the TPP over the last few weeks in this forum and not a single person against it has made a rational argument as to why it is a disaster. In other words you just dumped a pile of horseshit in this thread, your absurd and unsubstantiated opinion and then called somebody else smelly. Have you anything rational to say about the possibility that Clinton might push for real change, other than that which seems to spring from some infantile traumatized emotional state? Otherwise why not go bleed somewhere else.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Easy for her to say.

If she passes TPP/TTIP, there's no more democracy, no more sovereignty, and it will no longer matter what ANY politician says.

We're just owned.

Yes, The sky is falling.

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I gave my reasons here: http://forums.anandtech.com/search.php?searchid=2805492

I guess it's up to you if you think they're rational or not.

Whatever. It's off topic.

As for Hillary & campaign finance reform I think she'll give it a shot. It's nothing new for Dems.

Repubs, otoh, love dark money because it conceals the fact that their donor base is really pretty narrow, dominated by very big money. That's what the IRS flap was all about, anonymous funding of highly political 501(c)4 groups. They don't want to give that up nor do they want to give up the anonymity of current law wrt PACs.

I don't think we can get big money out of politics. The best we can do is to nail down who it comes from. It's clear that Repubs will fight even that, given the fact that they've created elaborate structures like this to shield donors-

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...7cfd9a-719b-11e3-9389-09ef9944065e_story.html

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That is something I've never understood. Saying Hilary is dishonest is pretty legit. But then saying you're going to vote for Trump because of it is a giant WTF.

It's not just Trump- It's the Repub Party who brought us the invasion of Iraq, the Great Recession, 8 years of obstructionist lies & a string of trumped up scandals.

That's who's telling us not to trust Hillary.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Nominate justices to repeal Citizens United and related partisan GOP SCOTUS decisions root and branch.

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
Your link only opens a vBulletin message for me that says:

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

So I can't tell how rational.

Sorry, I don't know how I got that link but I changed it to one that should work.