What were the worst things Obama did?

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
After living with trump for almost four years I definitely miss Obama. During his Presidency he received a lot of criticism but it didn't seem all the justified(unlike trump). Besides wearing a tan suit what were some of the worst things he did?

Last edited:

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Well, he did kill a lot of people with missile strikes which hasn't helped US relations in certain areas of the world. He also wasted a 4 year period with a super majority to pass some critically needed major legislation (voting rights reform, campaign finance reform, healthcare reform)

I guess the worst thing obama did was not intervene in an environment that allowed trump to eventually rise to power and not wielding power when he had it.

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
According to Republicans he was bad for the economy and was racially devisive. They then praise Trump for continuing the economic trajectory we were on while worsening the deficit to GDP ration... don't even get me started on the racial thing.

The real "worst" thing that they are unwilling to admit, is that his skin color is too dark for their liking.

In my opinion, the worst thing he did was that he made the ACA worse by trying to work with Republicans who ended up voting against it anyway. He should have taken his mandate in 2008 and rammed home policies like Trump and his lackeys have done.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I'd rank drone strikes as the one worst thing. Yeah, it's the natural progression of our military, it's still shit though.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Well, he did kill a lot of people with missile strikes which hasn't helped US relations in certain areas of the world. He also wasted a 4 year period with a super majority to pass some critically needed major legislation (voting rights reform, campaign finance reform, healthcare reform)

I guess the worst thing obama did was not intervene in an environment that allowed trump to eventually rise to power and not wielding power when he had it.
Actually Obama only had a supermajority for 2 years and their signature legislative achievement was healthcare reform. Watered down due to needing to get the support of some moderate Dems and independent Joe Lieberman. In 2010 the Repubs took the House and took back some Senate seats, though the Democrats retained the Senate. But that supermajority was gone in 2 years.

Reactions: skyking and Ken g6

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017

I guess the worst thing Obama did was not intervene in an environment that allowed trump to eventually rise to power and not wielding power when he had it.
He did not get us into those wars and he was a little busy fixing the economy for the first couple of years. He did try to work with congress to approve a proper healthcare package but the republican propaganda machine spun up and made that impossible. They then turned the compromise they forced into a bat and beat the Dems with it so bad nothing else was getting done. The same bat was used to take the house and prevented anything else from getting done.

You don't remember any of that?

Reactions: dawp and Muse

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Actually Obama only had a supermajority for 2 years and their signature legislative achievement was healthcare reform. Watered down due to needing to get the support of some moderate Dems and independent Joe Lieberman. In 2010 the Repubs took the House and took back some Senate seats, though the Democrats retained the Senate. But that supermajority was gone in 2 years.

Obama had a supermajority in reality for a total of...5 months. Not 2 years, and definitely not 4.

Add in the fact that the Democratic Party is a Big Tent party that doesn't march in lockstep...and those 5 months weren't some monolithic time period of Democratic tyrrany.

That said, all US Presidents are elected Emperors and kill people because Empires gotta Empire. Obama wasn't nearly as bad as some, but he still murdered people using your tax dollars. They all do.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yeah the worst thing he did was execute a US citizen without trial. That was pretty bad.

Still, he was easily the best president in my lifetime. As I was technically alive for the last bits of Carter I would put it as Obama>>>>>>>>>Clinton>>GHWB>>>>>>Reagan>>Carter>>>>>>>>>>>>>GWB>(add 500 more of these)>>Trump.

Reactions: Muse and uclaLabrat

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
His biggest fault in my opinion was to believe it’s possible to reason with the insane. I expect the same from Biden. When you don’t know what you feel you don’t know what others feel either. The enemy is not out there nor is the cure. The enemy is within. We will not evolve until we start to care about our children, to see to it as best our wisdom can manage so that they grow up with a minimum of want and fear.

There are two roads that fork before us. One leads down to ruination via the lusts of ego and the other toward the light of integration of opposites and healing.

Reactions: zinfamous

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
He was uppity. Acting all superior n shit using big words and thinking he could drink from the same fucking water fountain as us!

Reactions: dawp

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Usually the chuds say Syria, although they haven't given a shit before or after, that was just about Obama being half black same as everything else. Obama couldn't win in their eyes even when he did win.

Reactions: hal2kilo

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Usually the chuds say Syria, although they haven't given a shit before or after, that was just about Obama being half black same as everything else. Obama couldn't win in their eyes even when he did win.
Like how they ripped into him for his plan to bail out GM and Chrysler but then never credited him when the plan was a success. That is just one of the many.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Wore a tan suit!!!

Edit: darn phone didn't load the comments, so I didn't see this was already said till after I posted it.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
200.gif

Deplorable.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Obama had a supermajority in reality for a total of...5 months. Not 2 years, and definitely not 4.

Add in the fact that the Democratic Party is a Big Tent party that doesn't march in lockstep...and those 5 months weren't some monolithic time period of Democratic tyrrany.

That said, all US Presidents are elected Emperors and kill people because Empires gotta Empire. Obama wasn't nearly as bad as some, but he still murdered people using your tax dollars. They all do.

This keeps getting corrected and no one is right so far. Dems lost the super-majority in January, 2010, because of a special election in Massachusetts triggered by the death of Ted Kennedy. Scott Brown won that election on 1/8/10. Since Obama was seated 1/20/09, he had a super-majority for just short of one year.

In that time, he and Congress passed the ACA, the stimulus bill and the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.

Too bad about that special election. He probably could have gotten climate legislation passed in his second year.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
This keeps getting corrected and no one is right so far. Dems lost the super-majority in January, 2010, because of a special election in Massachusetts triggered by the death of Ted Kennedy. Scott Brown won that election on 1/8/10. Since Obama was seated 1/20/09, he had a super-majority for just short of one year.
Are you counting months where the Senate wasn't in session? Subtract those. 5 months.