What were the best NES and SNES games?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rankor

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2000
Platform: My Pics (My personal favorite)

NES: Super Mario Bros Series (2), Metal Gear 2, Mega Man Series (2), Ninja Gaiden Series (2), Blaster Master, Guardian Legend, Legend of Zelda series (1), Final Fantasy I, Iron Tank, Top Gun Series (2), Double Dragon Series (2), Battletoads, Bionic Commando, Super Tecmo Bowl, River City Ransom, Super C, Jackal, Golgo 13 series (2), Platoon, Punisher, Radracer Series (1), Metroid.

SNES: Final Fantasy 2 US, Final Fantasy 5 JP, Macross JP, Axelay US, Super Street Fighter 2, Ranma 1/2 JP, Ranma 1/2 Super Battle JP, Secret of Manna, Zelda 3, StarFox, Super Mario Brothers Collection, Contra 3: The Alien Wars, Top Gear 2, Super Metroid.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Rogue,

Know any good emulator sites? It would be good to play NES, SNES, Intellivision and C-64 games again.

Cheers,
Aquaman

Dedpuhl

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
nes: The Legend of Zelda

snes: Chrono Trigger and Street Fighter 2 (and its clones/upgrades)

shabby

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Life Force and Contra 1/2 were my fav, i still remember extra 30 lives trick heh :D

jonnyjack

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
i actually never owned any video game console besides the NES...

how many of you guys still have your NES working?

mine is in PERFECT condition...no blowing into the game or anything to get it working...hehe...i still play it like 3 times a week maybe...

these are games i still play for NES: Contra, Super Tecmo Bowl, and RBI Baseball...

since i don't have a SNES, i got the emulator awhile ago, the only game i play? SUPER TENNIS!

Jedi Mike

Nov 4, 1999
Am I the only guy know knows about River City Ransom for NES? The game is dope, I use to play it for hours after school.

U2fan

Oct 12, 2000
I'm going to use Piku's idea and choose my sleeper picks.
NES
Legendary Wings
Lifeforce
Contra
SuperC(Contra 2)
Adventure Island
Micromachines
Rad Racer
SuperSpike V'Ball
Ice Hockey

kduncan5

Golden Member
Apr 22, 2000
dennilfloss covered most of my choices for SNES.

Add: "Flashback" and "Soulblazer" to the list.

I'm playing "The 7th Saga" right now:). Well, not RIGHT now:eek:. -kd5-

bolomite

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2000
NES: Guardian Legend, Dragon Warrior series (especially II and IV), Willow, Solar Jetman, Bases Loaded, Baseball Stars, Faxanadu, Wizards and Warriors, Nobunaga's Ambition, Dr. Mario

SNES: Gradius III, U.N. Squadron, Super Mario RPG, and Tetris Attack!

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
oooh u2 fan you just reminded me of one!

NES - World Cup Soccer (it was included on the same cart as Super Spike V'Ball which was included in the NES Satellite, and the game rules! best soccer game I have played)

and I will back you up with the Micro Machines, Adventure Island, and super spike V'Ball picks... all great games.

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
I remember River City Ransom, that was a sweet ass game. I still remember my favorite skill was acrobatics, somersaulting around the screen was tons of fun.

NES- Super Dodge Ball, River City Ransom, Baseball Stars, Ninja Gaiden series.

SNES- Actraizer series, Alexay, Super Metroid (first time I played the last boss and the metroid came out to save samus I was like "woah!!!!"), and of course almost all the square games. Also tetris attack, the best puzzle game ever.

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
Best NES games

Karnov, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, River City Ransom, Ice Hockey, Castlevania, and Megaman 1.

Ahh, the good ol' days!

qacwac

Oct 12, 2000
NES Zelda
SNES Zelda
GameBoy Zelda
N64 Zelda
Gamecube(whenever it comes out) Zelda

Although I don't play any games now, Zelda will always be the best.
I remember I used to draw pictures of Link all the time. He was so cool.