What websites do you guys use to get cheap airplane tickets?

saratoga172

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2009
Depends. I try to fly southwest when I can for the points. Most are from free work flights so end up with free flights every few months.

Otherwise I check Expedia or Hotwire. Most of the travel sites are fairly close depending on the trip since they all use the same airlines.

Southwest is the primary that does not go through deal sites. They are direct purchase only. Like their boarding process the best.

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
www.kayak.com

Prices are generally all the same - all within a few bucks based on website fees.

VirginAmerica
Southwest
JetBlue

Prices fluctuate based on the day, generally cheapest on Saturday from what I've seen.......

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
kayak or itamatrix. although i had good luck with flightfox last time, found a $150 cheaper itinerary for a $35 finders fee.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Need to get a ticket for my dad and I have no idea what places are good to get tickets from. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ATOT! :awe:

All travel websites pull from the same database for flights and base pricing. Then they tack on their own fees.

You should look at the flexible date option to see what the planned costs are.

Pricing for any airline will depend on destination, booking lead time and day of week.

Some airlines do not feed the database you have to go to their sites..

Last edited:

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I travel a lot to outside the US and I use the big 4: Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire.

I also check out all the airlines websites that serve my city.

Also, don't forget to enroll and earn some miles from your flights. My next trip will be free because of the miles (well, have to pay about $100 for various fees) and I will save about $1,500.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
http://www.cheapoair.com

The big 4 suck. I swear they are all the same company.

Cheapoair price to fly from denver to elethera bahamas is 700

The big 4 its 1300 and they dont list american and united with direct flights from ft lauderdale, the put you through nassau with a 6 hour layover.

Last edited:

Sahakiel

Golden Member
Oct 19, 2001
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I like that hipmunk site the best.

So...question: how is it possible that a non-stop flight takes longer than a flight with stops (for going to the same place from the same place, obviously)?

Go the other direction.