what was your favorite book/story as a child?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shodge37

Aug 9, 2007
Originally posted by: Chronoshock
I liked Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. I checked the wiki entry about it and apparently they're making it into a movie.

I also liked all of the berenstein bears books as well as dr seuss stuff (I read every single one of his books multiple times).

i've read this book to my daughter so many times that i can pretty much do the whole thing by heart. (Meatballs)

my favorite as a kid was Little Black, A Pony.

but my new favorite as i now get to read a lot more children's books is Click, Clack, Moo. I laugh every time I read it!

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: Winchester
Encyclopedia Britannica

yeah, i used to read those in bed, but that was when i was a little older than when my favorite book was tiki tiki tembo

Judgement

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
If I had been the first to reply to this thread I wouldn't have been able to remember anything... but I wasn't the first so some shameless copy and paste:

Anything from Dr. Seuss
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Anything by Shel Silverstein
Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak

At first reaction I thought, "wow I wish I still had copies of this stuff"... and then I realized I'd finish each book in an hour and would be far from entertained, it's still fun to remember them in context though

Quasmo

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2004
Originally posted by: TallBill
The Giver

Hell yeah, The Giver, I read that book to death. I wanted to make a movie out of it. It would really make an awesome film. The story is amazing as well.