What was your fav old game sound effect...

KokomoGST

Diamond Member
Nov 13, 2001
For those that had one way back when... on my Commodore 128, I played Beach-Head 2 over and over again because of the hilarious sound effects. <BOK!> <MEDIIICARGHARHG!> <RAAAARRGGH!>
And no, I'm not smoking something... if you know what I'm talking about, this game was priceless... :)
The sprites were surprisingly hilarious too... :eek:

polypterus

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2001
The Bard's Tale on my friend's Apple had this really cool "chant" when you would enter the healing temples. I loved it. Unfortunately my piece of crap 8088 just had a PC speaker.

Yoo-Laah-Aee-Hee-Wake-Wee-Umm.

dc

zod

Oct 10, 1999
Not that old but in Star Control 2

"LAUNCH fighters"

The PC Speaker in Wolfenstein is fun, too.

khstudios

Jan 24, 2001
funny facial expressions...
Kunio-kun series... (river city ransom, soccer, dodge ball, river city ransom 2, etc.)

dukdukgoos

Golden Member
Dec 1, 1999
The classic is the Pac-Mac death sound. My friends and I still use it as code for getting shot down by girl. :)

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Sega Genesis - Pirate's Gold

When you beat someone in a sword battle, they'd say "Arrr! I surrender!"

metallibloke

Mar 28, 2001

<< For those that had one way back when... on my Commodore 128, I played Beach-Head 2 over and over again because of the hilarious sound effects. <BOK!> <MEDIIICARGHARHG!> <RAAAARRGGH!>
And no, I'm not smoking something... if you know what I'm talking about, this game was priceless... :)
The sprites were surprisingly hilarious too... :eek:
>>

Oh man, I love that game!! Especially the level where the two guys had to throw the knives at each other across the water "Ha, you cant hurt me!"

pamf

Dec 11, 2000
i dunno about a favorite but certainly one of my most memorable is the gibs sound from doom ;)

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001

<< Not that old but in Star Control 2

"LAUNCH fighters"

The PC Speaker in Wolfenstein is fun, too.
>>

oh man! i LOVE SC2. i love visiting the Pkunk and hearing them go "moron!" "dweeb!" "idiot!"

i also love hearing Hitler "ACH! MEIN LEIBEN!" at the end of Wolf 3d