What was the one of the most annoying things about High School for you?

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Besides the teachers, Id have to say the "in" crowd. They pretty much pissed me off. What about you?

Siva

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
Looking back, the thing that annoys me most about high school is that the teachers never taugh anything the least bit meaningful.

Xonoahbin

Aug 16, 2005
Originally posted by: crazySOB297
That I've got two years to go.

Fixed for me.
In reality, the immaturity of people really gets to me. My fellow males in high school act more like boys, rather than men. And they act horribly around the ladies, often demeaning them and making them feel inferior unless they dress like sluts. Oh well.

Siva

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Xonoahbin

Fixed for me.
In reality, the immaturity of people really gets to me. My fellow males in high school act more like boys, rather than men. And they act horribly around the ladies, often demeaning them and making them feel inferior unless they dress like sluts. Oh well.

Yeah! Women are inferior no matter how they dress. Men only make women that dress like sluts feel properly ferior because they want to have sex with them.

HaxorNubcake

Golden Member
Jun 23, 2004

Fixed for me.

no need to make excuses for your own inability to get with the ladies..

TheFirm

Sep 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Siva
Looking back, the thing that annoys me most about high school is that the teachers never taught anything the least bit meaningful.

Siva

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
Originally posted by: TheFirm
Originally posted by: Siva
Looking back, the thing that annoys me most about high school is that the teachers never taught anything the least bit meaningful.

Is that supposed to reflect poorly upon me, high school, or both?

I Saw OJ

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
They were doing construction during my whole 4 years of being there, turning the school from some old run down POS to a new fancy school. They finished when the year after I graduated so I had to deal with a run down POS construction zone my whole 4 years.

wazzledoozle

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2006
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands
Being graded on attendance and repetitive homework instead of knowledge and/or ability.

That sums it up nicely for me.

At my HS, at your 3rd tardy you have to do saturday school, while you can be absent up to 10 times before they send out a notice. WTF!

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Atlantean
The children.

Fixed. By age they are teenagers, by mentality they are children.

My high school experience was awesome. I had tons of friends from all sorts of groups, was the lead actor in a lot of plays, got lots of girls, and came to college with enough college credit to register as a sophomore thanks to AP tests.

I guess the worst part was the food. I didn't have a car, so I couldn't go out anywhere. I had to deal with the crappy cafeteria food or whatever I could make for myself that morning (which wasn't much, I hadn't learned how to cook yet)

Xyclone

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
People who blame everything on the teachers and how stupid the school is. By god, it's a PRIVATE school, they're so spoiled!

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
That I was forced to wear my shirts tucked-in for the last three years of it. Funnily enough, my school repealed that rule two years after I graduated. I got detention three times for getting caught with an untucked shirt. Such BS.

Feb 17, 2005
wangsters, popped collars, and pink shirts. now that i think of it. wangsters in pink shirts with their collar popped.

EmperorIQ

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2003

Fixed for me.

:confused: its HS man, not graduate school, what do you expect? And no matter how old someone think they may act, the majority of the time they are just as immature.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
My senior year was a BLAST. I'd have to say that the thing that annoyed me most was really just the fact that I had no idea what I wanted to do in life.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
chapel and a crappy dress code.

i went to a christian school, and there was a service either from the pastor or a guest speaker every thursday. it was a baptist school, and i hated it. go in, sing a hymn (ugh), listen to some school announcements, listen to some guy go on for 40 minutes. on these thursdays a shirt and tie was required, in addition to dress shoes (there was no rule on shoes on any other day, except for no sandals. my dress shoes were damned uncomfortable)

the dress code wasnt awful. collared knit shirts required, had to be tucked in, had to wear a belt. but it sucked during PE when it was hot, since you were either in jeans, or slacks. they only changed that the last year or two i was there.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
The school banning certain clothes (public school). The one that pissed me off the most was Marilyn Manson shirts. All were banned, even if it just said "Marilyn Manson" on it.
The media made it look like he was the reason for Columbine, so school officials were paranoid about it.