What to tell drunk people (specifically friends) to get them to bug off?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: acemcmac
Originally posted by: Blazin Trav
Originally posted by: Sc4freak
Lock the door.

The locks on these rooms suck and can usually be broken easily by just forcing the door handle with enough force...

"in this day and age" that is completley unacceptable. What if you were a women and you were raped in the night? Sounds to me like if you whine loudly enough, you can probably get all of your locks changed for free.
Just because the OP's a man doesn't mean he can't be raped by drunken intruders.

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
Why do you want to keep people out? Don't you like poeple? They clearly think you're their friend - are you not?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I need solutions to keeping people, specifically drunk people, out of my room.
I have valuables.
Buy a safe? Block the door?

Thanks,
T

Tell them you've become a Jehovas Witness and wanna share your faith with them. If the real JH's ever come around, take their religious tracts and keep them under bed to hand when the drunks show up.

Or

Tell the the the (insert name) bar on the other side of town is having "Free Drinks & Topless Women"" night tonight.

Fern

SpanishFry

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2001
You need to watch home alone. I'm thinking the iron on the door handle.

But, why are you always in your room while they're out there drinking?

MedicBob

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2001
Mouse traps on the floor by the door. Get a few toes and they will leave you alone.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Curl up into a little ball, then start crying.

Since actually asking/telling them to stop doesn't seem to be an option

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Engage them in a discussion on whether 10 lbs is bulk and if so, would 10lbs of beef be closer to the size of an alternator or a that of a battery?

blazerazor

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2003
If your in college, tell the RA or just get a room change. That reason will be plenty enough excuse for a room change. And your roommate wont be offended.

asm0deus

Golden Member
Aug 18, 2003
my roommate used to stumble in drunk, after asking nicely and violently didnt work. I played the worst of my music really loud, he liked it though, but he hated it when i changed songs, so i would just cycle through the playlist, then he left.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Originally posted by: franguinho
get a violent pet

QFT ... Tarantula's & in particular Scorpions work very well for freaking people out & keeping them away from your stuff, also their enclosures make great places to secure valuables.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Allow a plate of raw chicken to decompose for a couple of months. That should turn'em around in a hurry.

Dessert Tears

Golden Member
Feb 27, 2005
Block the door?
If you're inside your room and your door opens inward, you can block the door using improvised means or a purpose-designed block. I think they're called "privacy bars" or "safety"-something, they wedge under the doorknob and against the floor. I got one on eBay for under $20 shipped.