What to do with lemons?

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Lets just say I got a conciderable amount from a certain citrus tree around the neighborhood, and now, what do I do with about ... 20 lbs of lemons besides throw them at people or make lemonade?

Suggestions?

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Originally posted by: DevilsAdvocate
Return them to their rightful owner.

I asked the owner before I took the lemons, and to win bet, I had to fill a old rice sack up with lemons.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: brtspears2
Lets just say I got a conciderable amount from a certain citrus tree around the neighborhood, and now, what do I do with about ... 20 lbs of lemons besides throw them at people or make lemonade?

Suggestions?
I've got a kickass recipe for spongecake that can be made with lemons or limes. I'll post it once I'm home if you're interested. Wife made some the other day....damn tasty stuff.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Give 'em to friends. Juice a bunch (hope you have an electric juicer) and freeze it. There are lots of uses for good lemon juice. :)

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Jellomancer
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

When life gives you lemons, extract the citric acid and distill it down to a lethal concentrated solution. Use this solution to permanently scar and disfigure those who may have been unkind enough to give you lemons in the first place. :D

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
lemon ice cream.......very adult flavor - fantastic when made from Meyer lemons.

by the way - you can juice the lemons, place the juice in zip loc bags, and freeze it! lemon juice actually freezes nicely and retains a "like new" flavor.

GroundZero

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2002
one thing you can do is make some lemon enfused oil for cooking, lemonaide, juice them and freeze the concentrate for later,dehydate them,get a shipt load of salmon and have a salmon bake party....
the oil from the peels is a great cleaner/astringent....
bout all i can think of.

yoda291

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
In a subtle manner, alter the lemons so that they become indestructible weapons of mass destruction and chaos and conquer the world!

When bushes give you lemons, you make lemonade.

I took this to mean that you got the lemons from the president.