What to do when you run out of blank pages on a passport?

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Just realized i'm down to 4 open spaces (effectively 1 page) on my passport. Do I have to buy a new one? Whats the general procedure?

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
A few years ago I just sent it in and they added like 22 pages to the current one. This was before the new delays so I'm not sure if it's changed now or not.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: bigrash
yup, you gotta get a new one.

No.

Hopefully when you run out, you'll be overseas. Then you can just go to the American embassy, go to the Citizen's section, and ask them to put in another 22 (or so) pages, for free.

If you're in the US...you have to mail it in, and pay money.

I ran out a year ago. I found out because I was getting a visa, and they didn't have a place to put it. Meaning that I had to do the whole visa thing over again, after getting the pages put in.

At least I didn't have to mail it in.

Oct 25, 2006
Originally posted by: jagec
Originally posted by: bigrash
yup, you gotta get a new one.

No.

Hopefully when you run out, you'll be overseas. Then you can just go to the American embassy, go to the Citizen's section, and ask them to put in another 22 (or so) pages, for free.

If you're in the US...you have to mail it in, and pay money.

I ran out a year ago. I found out because I was getting a visa, and they didn't have a place to put it. Meaning that I had to do the whole visa thing over again, after getting the pages put in.

At least I didn't have to mail it in.

Yeah, its kind of messed up. While I was in Korea, my passport expired, so I just went to the embassy, and it only took a couple of hours to get me a new passport. In American, it takes weeks.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I just had to pay over 120 dollars on my new passport :(. Not because I needed more pages though but because I had to apply for a new one.

Expensive trip so far.