What the heck is wrong with me?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
Originally posted by: blahblah99
You probably have high blood pressure.

When you stand up all the blood rushes down to your feet leaving your head deprived of oxygen, hence the dizzyness and lightheadedness.

no,my pressure was just taken a few days ago 100/61 which the doc said was excellent.This crap just started this morning and it's freaky.

Hmm. To me that sounds really low, but what do I know, I'm not a doctor. Last time I had mine checked, it was right around 130/78 or somewhere thereabouts. I've seen guys with as high as 161/85 or so.

Blood sugar? Proper nutrition? Iron deficiency? Dunno... I do hope you get it figured out and everything's ok.. :)

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Happens to me all of the time Geekbabe. I suspect I have low blood sugar too because of other symptoms but I've been too chicken to go to the Doctor's office. *sigh*

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: Dr Smooth
Everytime I stand up from a seated position,I feel dizzy and light headed like I'm going to faint.I don't feel ill,I'm not running a fever,what the heck is this?

Get your blood pressure checked.

Just to be safe I recommend that you monitor your bp for a week or two.

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
My bp is borderline high and this happens to me sometimes too.
Just an off and on thing. I don't know why.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: notfred
you're pregnant.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that is not possible

For once I am going to refrain myself and say, go see a doctor.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
How does one go about fixing "low blood pressure" or "low blood sugar" anyway ?

Crappopotamus

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2002
always happens to me if im lying/sitting down and i get up fast. HEEADD RUSH. its just blood rushing to/from your head. no big deal.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Roger

Originally posted by: notfred
you're pregnant.

that is not possible

For once I am going to refrain myself and say, go see a doctor.

You fool,I work in a hospital but it's after 5pm,lol,is there a doctor in the house? :D

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Low blood sugar does not manifest in that manner, low blood pressure does.

To do a quick check to see if it's pressure related you can do this:

1. Sit down for a couple minutes, then take your pulse (the wrist is the easiest)
2. Stand up and wait 1 minute exactly.
3. Take your pulse again, it should be within ~10% of your seated pulse you took earlier.

If it's 60 while seated, and 90 when standing (as an example) you have a pressure problem. Could be from many things, but the most common is dehydration.

(if you feel like you are going to pass out and can't wait the minute, the test is over and you failed, sit down)

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Azraele
Maybe you're standing up too fast.

PS. You know better than to seek medical advice here. ;)

lol,considering how many doctors I have here at work you've got a point:)

:Q and exactly how many doctors have you had at work there? Hmm, perhaps next time, afterwards, just lie there for a little bit before getting up.;)