What the heck does everyone here do?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

huey1124

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2000
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
Originally posted by: huey1124
cancer research scientist at the biggest pharmaceutical company in the world. testing/experimenting with cancer drugs to have it cleared for clinical trials.

I think it's safe to say that you probably have the most bling-bling here!

i haven't been in the field that long, so i don't make that much money yet. i do have a lot of responsibilities at work, so i'm sure compensation will come in due time. my work is actually fun.

Aceman

Banned
Oct 9, 1999
U.S. Army...... Senior Personnel Services Supervisor. (glorified Office Manager)/System Administrator/Retention & Reenlistment Sergeant

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
technically working full time for the member services dept at a insurance company for people on welfare... oh the calls we get!

anyways, ill be starting school full time in december and proly find a part time job flippin burgers.

crab

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2001
cancer research scientist at the biggest pharmaceutical company in the world. testing/experimenting with cancer drugs to have it cleared for clinical trials.

Heh, I used to work for Smithkline-Beecham...but in a much different way than you. ;) Lemme guess...your company has a "z" in their name?

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Technical Staff Undergrad @ an Aerospace firm.

What that title really means: I work in a Electroincs/RF lab buildin' shiat. Now that I'm farther along in school they're letting me do some PCB layout and such as well.

Oh yeah, EE Junior @ Cal Poly Pomona.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: crab453

Heh, I used to work for Smithkline-Beecham...but in a much different way than you. ;) Lemme guess...your company has a "z" in their name?

Pfizer is voted one of the top companies to work for. They don't only rank in salary either. Pharmaceuticals is lots-o-cash. I worked for a pharmaceutical company only 3 months when I switched to IBM (strange career path, I know) and they still compensated me for a whole year's worth of vacation pay among other things. I was like... whoa, I'm coming back if IBM doesn't pan out. ;) Stick with it huey. No matter what the economy is like, health care is where it's at.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Cyberian
Originally posted by: rh71
<-- web developer / systems integrator @ big blue

God, I beg of thee... help our stock price.
Hey, that's your job!

The stock was doing fine when I retired! :) :)

Hey coming from LI... where'd you work out of? You know, we've been buying the stock at 15% off the lowest price each paycheck and we're still losing money. How sad eh? Can't complain, but I can if I need the money I've put into it! ;)

dquan97

Lifer
Jul 9, 2002
Love Machine for hire!

Actually, I work as Database Admin/Help Desk for a very tiny IT company in Davis.

Aug 16, 2001
Working in the American part of the worlds largest ground based Radio Astronomy project.
Programming (Instrument control and data aquisition)

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Right now I work for the Birmingham News and I am also a student. Hopefully I can intern again at Bradley Arant Rose& White.

Got laid off this past spring from GE Aircraft Engines plant (IT dept) and ever since i have been a bellcaptain and a doorman at a hotel right next to Bengals/Reds stadiums. I make pretty decent money, pretty soon i will be trained to manage a rather large used auto parts business....

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Self employed computer serviceman and working on being a commisioned salesrep for a company I do computer consulting for. Hopefully the addition of salesrep will help make ends meet. I haven't worked a 9-5 in over a year now. :/