What streaming music services do you pay for?

What streaming music services do you pay for?

• Spotify

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Apple Music

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pandora

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Amazon Music

• YouTube Music

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • TIDAL

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Other

• I only listen to free streaming music

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
I buy my music on bandcamp.com or buy real CD's and rip them to FLAC if I can't buy the music as FLAC. My wife uses a Danish streaming service, which we also uses for the kids music.

Reactions: BurnItDwn

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
I only pay for Spotify with a family account, which I also use to run my commercial business audio (own a gym).

I guess we kind of have Amazon music to some extent due to prime, but we don't pay any more for their service.

We use a friend's subscription to FitRadio also for our gym.

Free services I still use are soundcloud and pandora.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I listen to somafm and donate every year, but it isn't required. Otherwise, I listen to music on my computers.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I am using Amazon music. I think it's $8 per month. This is above and beyond paying for Prime.

Dec 10, 2005
My wife pays for Spotify. I occasionally use her account or just my free one if I want to hear something I don't own (usually as a try before buy sort of thing). Otherwise, I just use my existing library which probably has over 6000 songs.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I buy my digital albums at bandcamp ideally, otherwise i buy CDs from wherever they are sold. Have never subscribed to a streaming service for music since they pay the musicians next to nothing.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
None. I checked "I only listen to free streaming music" even though the music that comes with Prime isn't exactly free.
I do listen to music through my library's streaming service sometimes.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
The only music streaming service I pay for is Sirius-XM although I also have Amazon Prime.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Tidal premium for the higher quality sound. I have a little desktop DAC/Amp/Headphone setup that takes full advantage of the higher quality audio.

Reactions: blackangst1

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Are you people fucking stupid?
Wait...I subscribe to SiriusXM for listening in the truck...as well as "quiet music" at night to help me sleep.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Wait...I subscribe to SiriusXM for listening in the truck...as well as "quiet music" at night to help me sleep.

If you often take really long drives and travel to places with crap radio/data reception Sirius XM is totally worth it provided you call them up and get a promotional rate. (I pay about $7 a month)

Nice being able to listen to the same station literally from Maine to Florida.

Last edited:

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I have Amazon Prime, so I listen to Prime Music. I have Youtube Music and use the free service there. Youtube music is hideous, but it has my old libraries from Google Music (where it got migrated).

I bought a $450 Garmin watch with Music Services on it a few years back. Garmin supported Spotify and a few other services, but not Amazon Music. I ended up going with Deezer becuase it was a little cheaper than Spotify and had a decent following in Europe. I think it had very few issues with playlists on the watch. I was pleasantly surprised by the service. I carried it for a year and then cancelled after Amazon Music support was available.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
YouTube Music is the right answer here-

YouTube Premium is fantastic, and you get YouTube Music included with it. So, why use other services???

Reactions: ISAslot

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Yep- their "cable" approach to music is nice. Great sound quality, lots of variety, and Howard Stern keeps me entertained in the mornings.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
As in "I don't use streaming music at all"?
Correct. No, I don't use any music streaming service. I'll check out new bands on YouTube, Bandcamp and so on, but if I like them past that, I get it. I've never had a need for streaming since I have a ton of music on my device and I just shuffle. Almost all of my music is FLAC and I have it converted to 256kbps AAC for mobile usage in the car and work.

I've only ever listen to it when my son is using Spotify. I find my own music and search it out myself. Great sites like ThePRP and such.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Correct. No, I don't use any music streaming service. I'll check out new bands on YouTube, Bandcamp and so on, but if I like them past that, I get it. I've never had a need for streaming since I have a ton of music on my device and I just shuffle. Almost all of my music is FLAC and I have it converted to 256kbps AAC for mobile usage in the car and work.

I've only ever listen to it when my son is using Spotify. I find my own music and search it out myself. Great sites like ThePRP and such.
To be pedantic, listening via YouTube or Bandcamp is free streaming music :)
I'm generally in the same boat, love the fact that my VW has a slot for an SD card, and a fairly decent shuffle function.
I'd rather spend the money that a streaming service costs on actually buying music, and most of the bands I listen to need all the support they can get.

Reactions: LikeLinus

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
To be pedantic, listening via YouTube or Bandcamp is free streaming music :)
I'm generally in the same boat, love the fact that my VW has a slot for an SD card, and a fairly decent shuffle function.
I'd rather spend the money that a streaming service costs on actually buying music, and most of the bands I listen to need all the support they can get.
You know what I mean :p. I've actually found Bandcamp to be pretty awesome for more unknown or underground bands. It's a great way to support them and then see associated artist.

I've got an old 256GB iPod that I use exclusively in the car. The nice thing is that it integrates into the system and I can use voice commands to play artist, song or album. Most of the time, I leave it on shuffle and skip the songs i don't want to listen to. Otherwise, I have an S20+ with a 265GB card with a ton of music. One reason I hate they are removing SD cards from phones.

Reactions: nakedfrog

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
I also only listen to "Albums" never mix and shuffle. I start at track one and listen until the end.

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
The local cable provider has Stingray Music which comes as part of their action with probably 30 channels and I listen to Blues and Classic Rock. There are also Party , Hip Hop , etc. channels which are kept up to date with new music the exception being "classic" channels.