What should i Do? NJ

Kroze

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2001
Ok here's the situation,

A week ago i got my wisdom teeth removed and today i went back to get it check. Because i was under the impression of getting 4 of my wisdom teeth remove, i only see and feel only 2 of my bottom teeth were removed hence the stiches and the blood, the top 2 were almost unoticable because i didn't feel any cut or opening of any kind. Today my mom and i went back to the dentist to ask him how many teeth did he pulled (Since my mom paided full price for getting 4 done.) He started acted angry and like an asshole.

Here's how it goes at the room.

I asked him how many did he pulled and he said that he did all four. And then he proceded to showed me a previous x-ray of my wisdom teeth (which only 2 of my bottom showed up because my top 2 didn't grew out yet and it's not even on the x-ray.) He did it in such a ignorant manner as making a remark to show that we are stupid.

He then commanded me to lay down and put my head down on the seat. I didn't believe what the hell i was hearing because the way his tone sounded. I hessitated and he continued to command me to lay down and put my head down on the seat. I was so angry there that i could punch his face in. But anyway. I continued, his tone still hasn't change and meanwhile, my mom was there too.

I asked him if he can take an x-ray because i was skeptical and he reply with a tone that is so angry that i though he was going to slap me. He said "No I am not going to do that. I already expose YOU to too much radiation." I couldn't believe it my mom didn't speak english very well so she didn't get that mad because she only understand the part where he say he's not taking the x-ray. So anyway, I layed down and he put on his glove, I don't know what the hell he is about to do but he told me to open my mouth, i hesitated again, then i finally gives in and he stick his pointer in there and press so hard on where my 2 upper wisdom teeth use to be and it hurt. Blood started gushing out and i told my mom that he hurt me. I know that he did it on purpose because he helded his finger there for around 5 second and continued to push harder to make me bleed. My mom screamed at him and he said that he just wanted to show her that he did remove the tooth there. By that time, i was bleeding a lot and he gave me a gauze and told me to bite down. My mom and I were so angry and we don't know what to do. He said that he wanted to feel that if there's anything there because we said that he didn't pull the teeth out. That asshole purposely hurt me and to make me bleed.

He then said that he was sorry that he put too much pressure. But he didn't even sounded sincere because you can tell by his tone that he's so full of sh!t.

I am so mad right now. My mom and I left the office and ask for his name. Dr. Levy it is.

We went out of the dental office and my mom called my step dad and told him what's going on. He then called the office back and ask them what happened and why did they refused to take an x-ray. They said that they DID took an x-ray! Oh my god we were so mad that they even dare to lie about it. My step dad then called them again and speak to the dentist. He said that he appologize.

This is not good enough. That asshole obviously thinking that because we are asian, he can pick on us. Even in the beginning when i went in to get a schedule for an appointment to get my wisdom teeth removed, he dared to ask us that "Do you have the money to pay for it today?". Which is only $50 because it's just to see an oral advisor.

My mom and i are very angry at this place, we don't know what to do. I think he just makes my wound fresh again because it started healing 3 days already and now he just push it so hard to damage it again.

What can we do? help me. Sue him? File a complaint?

I can't stand it anymore, they think they can play on our head because we are Asian. F#cking. I'm tired of these assholes oppressing us.

Kewlb

Jul 9, 2001
hmm.. if he had not have pulled the teeth it could have been a huge malpractice case. since he did though... I am not sure how well things would stand up in court. My dad is a lawyer and he does not normally take cases like this as its hard to prove the wrongdoing of the doctor (yeah it sucks ass, not fair, but also not much you can do about it) - Might want to file a complaint though.

Kroze

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2001
Is it too late to file a complaint? since it happened 2 hours ago. If it's not too late, do i just go to the police station and file a complaint or do they need the 3 of us (my mom, me, and the asshole) to be present?

khtm

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2001

<< I can't stand it anymore, they think they can play on our head because we are Asian. F#cking. I'm tired of these assholes oppressing us. >>

Woah...dude. Just because you were hurt by this dentist doesn't necessarily mean that he was being racist. I've been hurt by dentists before, and it could have just been because they were having a bad day (not to say that's a viable excuse).

Not all racism comes from white people towards asians either. Try being white in Vancouver and going to the Richmond auto mall to buy a mercedes/bmw. None of the salesmen will even ask you what car you're interested in, because they assume you can't afford anything. This happened to three of my friends. The point is that some white people are racist towards asians and some asians are racist towards white people. It's a fact of life. So cut the "oppressing" us crap.

As far as the dentist hurting you, yes you should talk to a lawyer. That's bullshit. He should not have done that, no matter what culture you are.

Good luck.

Kewlb

Jul 9, 2001
I did not mean file a complaint at the police station - really there is nothing legaly you can do. I was meaning with a business counsil or something like that. also could file a complain with the board and try to have the dentist reviewed. my uncle and grandfather are both dentists and with the small ammount of owrk I have had done, I have never even been slightly hurt.

Kroze

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2001
well all i know is that some of my mom's friends got into car accidents and it's clearly the other's party's fault and because they couldn't speak english well enough, the fat pigs ignored them and only talked to the other guys and it ended up that the friends is at fault and they they can't be sued.

Kroze

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2001

<< I did not mean file a complaint at the police station - really there is nothing legaly you can do. I was meaning with a business counsil or something like that. also could file a complain with the board and try to have the dentist reviewed. my uncle and grandfather are both dentists and with the small ammount of owrk I have had done, I have never even been slightly hurt. >>

I'm not just talking about hurt, he purposedly push in and helded there for the blood to come out so bad that his whole finger is filled with blood and then he gave me the gauze.

khtm

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2001

<< well all i know .... >>

Exactly. Thanks for proving my point that not all white people are racist towards asians and not all asians are racist towards white people.
One incident (that you heard from your friend's mom) with white cops should not make you think that ALL police are racist. An attitute like that is very healthy for a nice life of ignorance and prejudice.

Kroze

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2001

<<

<< I can't stand it anymore, they think they can play on our head because we are Asian. F#cking. I'm tired of these assholes oppressing us. >>

Woah...dude. Just because you were hurt by this dentist doesn't necessarily mean that he was being racist. I've been hurt by dentists before, and it could have just been because they were having a bad day (not to say that's a viable excuse).

Not all racism comes from white people towards asians either. Try being white in Vancouver and going to the Richmond auto mall to buy a mercedes/bmw. None of the salesmen will even ask you what car you're interested in, because they assume you can't afford anything. This happened to three of my friends. The point is that some white people are racist towards asians and some asians are racist towards white people. It's a fact of life. So cut the "oppressing" us crap.

As far as the dentist hurting you, yes you should talk to a lawyer. That's bullshit. He should not have done that, no matter what culture you are.

Good luck.
>>

The damn asshole asked us if we have the money to pay for it! It's not like we dressed dirty, as a matter of fact, we are very well dressed and very respectful. And not only that, my mom is around 40. He must of think we are stupid and under Welfare. I understand that car salesman sometimes doesn't like to talk to kids around 20s of age because they think they don't have money. But talking like that to a person such as my mom? OMFG.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
While I think you have grounds to file a complaint, I think you're jumping to conclusions when you say he was being racist. My impression when reading the post was that he got mad that you questioned him on whether or not he'd removed all 4 teeth and wanted an xray to prove it. Did he say anything against Asians that might indicate racism??

Don't get me wrong, perhaps he was racist, which is wrong, it just didn't sound like it as I read the post.

Regardless, I think a complaint should be filed if he purposely pushed in the wound to make it bleed.

ShizNitz

Dec 13, 2000
Here's my take on the situation. You had all 4 of your wisdom teeth removed. After checking out the price it was going to cost you, you went back to the dentist's office hoping to try and weasel your way into a cheaper bill. After confronting the innocent doctor and accusing him of fraud, you demand that he performs unnecessary x-rays on you. After he refuses to do that and tries to show you that all of the work that you had requested had been performed, your mouth begins to bleed (VERY common after your wisdom teeth had been removed). You now think that you can try and sue him unjustly and be able to accuse him of racism (even though none actually ever existed). Good luck and I hope that your lawsuit is found in his favor and you're forced to pay both attorney fees.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Kroze--that really rots. Dentistry is a weird thing b/c you can't really see what is going on. The guy pushing down on your gum could have been anything. I've dentists do a number of things in my mouth that hurt or caused bloodflow.

He was nasty, but it's not necessarily b/c you are Asian. It's also kind of a cop-out about your mom's friends in their accidents. It's not right, but it's going to be hard for a cop to assess a situation if one party can't clearly tell their side. The fact that one's English isn't very good shouldn't be held against you, but try and reverse the situation...you're at the scene of an accident taking statements, you only speak one language, and the person you're talking to can only speak that language in fragments. What are you supposed to do?
Don't be so quick to throw down racism cards. Language barrier does not necessarily equal racism.

As for them asking for money, heck...that's just normal. My dentist, I have been going to him 4 years and my mother went to him for over 10. This guy knows who we are and SHOULD know we are good for the money. But when I tried to go and have the cost reimbursed by my PPO and asked them to just send me a bill and I'd have the PPO pay, they wouldn't do it--demanded money up front. It's just the way they operate.

Finally, you sould consult a lawyer about what happend. And maybe get another dentist. My dentist is on Rt. 130 in Cinnaminson, NJ. His name is Dr. Jeffrey Klein. It's a little bit of a haul from Blackwood, but he's a really good dentist. I recommend him highly--you should look him up and give him a call.

khtm

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2001

<< The damn asshole asked us if we have the money to pay for it! It's not like we dressed dirty, as a matter of fact, we are very well dressed and very respectful. And not only that, my mom is around 40. He must of think we are stupid and under Welfare. I understand that car salesman sometimes doesn't like to talk to kids around 20s of age because they think they don't have money. But talking like that to a person such as my mom? OMFG. >>

As difficult as it is to imagine, good communication is something that most people associate with intelligence and education. Just by reading your posts, I can see why people may not respect your opinion as much as somebody who is fluent in english. Shyt happens. You should realize that and not blame everything on racism.

BTW, my friends were in their late 20s to early 30s, and also 'very well dressed and very respectful'. They weren't a bunch of high school students looking to get a sweet test-drive in a fancy car.

doublec16

Sep 9, 2001
What he did and the way he talked to you and your mom was not appropriate. He should not have forced you to submit to his pointer in your mouth so it made your gum bleed and hurt. My guess is that he is a jerk to everyone and you can't really prove otherwise unless you can find a white person whom he treats better. Certainly he shouldn't get your business anymore, and what I would do is contact your local dental association and tell them what happened. If they get enough complaints about this guy they'll probably do something.

My question would be if the top wisdom teeth didn't show up on the X ray, how did he even know they were there to be removed? All of my wisdom teeth showed up on an X-ray a couple years before they ever broke through the gum. Could he have caused an injury to your gum that appeared to be a surgical wound when he stuck his sharp pointer in your mouth? One thing to do might be to go to another dentist to see if there were actually teeth there, or if he just gouged you with the pointer. Also get the other dentist to examine the X-rays from before the extraction. If no teeth showed up on the X-ray, they probably weren't there. You should do that soon while the wound is still fresh.

doublec16

Sep 9, 2001
Oh yeah, dental X-rays expose you to a minimal amount of radiation, especially if you have a lead vest on, so that isn't really a valid excuse. He's possibly covering up for charging you for twice the teeth he pulled.

hungrypete

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2000
dentists and wisdom teeth are both the work of the devil. Hey man, if you know any lawyers, tell them about it. Otherwise you're probably screwed, if you want you can go cause a big scene in the waiting room and hopefully cost him a few patients.