What should I ask for for christmas?

leglez

Platinum Member
Nov 12, 2005
Today my parents asked me what I wanted for christmas. I haven't really thought about it much since I got a job. I told them that I just wanted money or gift cards. They said they would rather get me gifts. So I need some suggestions. They will probably spend ~$300 total.

I have a Wii, Zelda, and Trauma Center. I just bought a new monitor, video card, DVD Burner, RAM and HDD. I don't have an MP3 player, but I have 54.96GBs of music all organized in iTunes. My phone is rather old, it is an unlocked Sony Ericsson S710a. I am wanting a video camera but don't know if you can find a nice one for under $250. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also I am 16 and about to turn 17 if that helps

Edit:

Stuff I am interested in:

An External Enclosure would be nice if there are any good ones that someone could recommend me that I can plug any size HDD into

A TV Tuner card or something to allow me to play my PS2 on my PC.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Surefire A2 Aviator flashlight. They can get rather pricey, but worth every dime.

jds2006

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2005
Nothing, since you can't think of anything for them to get you for xmas, you obviously don't want or need anything.

Quasmo

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2004
I'm getting a DVI Detective. $75 so I dont have to unplug and plug in my hdmi cable everytime I turn on my projector. Woo.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: leglez
Today my parents asked me what I wanted for christmas. I haven't really thought about it much since I got a job. I told them that I just wanted money or gift cards. They said they would rather get me gifts. So I need some suggestions. They will probably spend ~$300 total.

I have a Wii, Zelda, and Trauma Center. I just bought a new monitor, video card, DVD Burner, RAM and HDD. I don't have an MP3 player, but I have 54.96GBs of music all organized in iTunes. My phone is rather old, it is an unlocked Sony Ericsson S710a. I am wanting a video camera but don't know if you can find a nice one for under $250. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edit:

An External Enclosure would be nice if there are any good ones that someone could recommend me that I can plug any size HDD into

damn, did you buy that all yourself or did your parents buy that?

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Originally posted by: NiteWulf
Supermagnets!

If carrying one into another room, carefully plan the route you will be taking. Computers & monitors will be affected in an entire room. Loose metallic objects and other magnets may become airborne and fly considerable distances - and at great speed - to attach themselves to this magnet. If you get caught in between the two, you can get injured.
Two of these magnets close together can create an almost unbelievable magnetic field that can be very dangerous. Of all the unique items we offer for sale, we consider these items the most dangerous of all. Our normal packing & shipping personnel refuse to package these magnets - our engineers have to do it. This is no joke and we cannot stress it strongly enough - that you must be extremely careful - and know what you're doing with these magnets.
Bitchin'

Kelnoen

Sep 20, 2006
What about getting into something new?

Like getting an RC car or something?

The nitro ones are toooo fun :)

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: jds2006
Nothing, since you can't think of anything for them to get you for xmas, you obviously don't want or need anything.
I was going to make a big speech about greed and lack of caring for the fellow man, but that sums up my feelings nicely.

My other suggestion is Legos. The OP needs to spend more time being creative and less time burning up brain cells on the Box.

leglez

Platinum Member
Nov 12, 2005
Originally posted by: pontifex

Edit:

I bought it all myself

I already have a fairly good bike but I could use new tires I suppose

How much does a decent Nitro RC Car go for? Or what is a good model? One of my friends used to have one I think it was a traxxis or Maxxis or something.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000

Edit:

I bought it all myself

How much does a decent Nitro RC Car go for? Or what is a good model? One of my friends used to have one I think it was a traxxis or Maxxis or something.

you dealing drugs or what? where do you work?

leglez

Platinum Member
Nov 12, 2005

Edit:

I bought it all myself

you dealing drugs or what? where do you work?

No but I work at a restaurant as a waiter, dishwaser. But I save my money

MasonLuke

Aug 14, 2006
ok, you're 16 about to turn 17, and probably a V. Mom and Dad, i know what i want for christmas - a hooker!

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
It's better to give than receive.

Put more effort into what you're getting for others and everything will make more sense. This generally paves the road to happiness faster. (or at least makes the journey there smoother) :)