What Radeon/Eyefinity card to buy

DBissett

Sep 29, 2000
I installed a Radeon 5750 a few months ago in a computer I use for work to run 3 monitors. I want to install another Eyefinity card to run up to 6 monitors. Is there a newer/better card for about the same price that would be better to get now, or should I just go with another 5750/5770? Thanks.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
If your only concern is work and productivity I think another of the same would be your best bet. Probably a 6770 would be the card to get, they cost the same as the 5770 and can be crossfired with one. They add a few connectivity features you may or may not care about.

Epsilon-Zero

May 31, 2011
I think it depends on what kind of outputs you want to use.

If this is a home office and you are also buying 3 more monitors then I would strongly recommend monitors that have DisplayPort on them because thats the new standard.

Then I would buy a card with 6 DisplayPort outputs like the PowerColor 6870 or VisionTek 6870. Then you could wire all 6 monitors to that one card without messing with DVI<>DisplayPort adaptors. Newegg

Ofcourse you would probably still need adaptors for your current monitors unless they are recent.

DBissett

Sep 29, 2000
Are Displayport connections in some way an improvement over DVI's? My current 5750 has 2 DVI's and one Displayport which are used for Eyefinity on 3 monitors....another similar card would do the same. The cards with 6 Displayport connections are a great solution. Thanks.