what r the best TV Tuner .....?????????

Hossam

Mar 4, 2001
Hello,

what r the best TV Tuner in the market now .... & the best manufactor in this field

thanks in advance

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
I've had experience with my Voodoo3 3500 TV and the Phoebe TV Tuner. I think the image quality is about the same for both although the Phoebe was easier to install in Windows XP than the Voodoo. Neither have XP drivers, but the Win2k drivers worked for the most part. My friend uses the ATI TV tuner (don't remember what the name is) and according to him, it was next to impossible to install in XP but easy in all of the other OSes. The image quality was again, about the same as the other ones. I think that the standalone cards have more features than the integrated although both the person with the Phoebe and the ATI complain that their CPU is just about maxed out when they watch TV; my computer barely even notices it and we use very similar configurations. I hope this helps you.

powerMarkymark

Platinum Member
Jan 29, 2002

<< Hello,

what r the best TV Tuner in the market now .... & the best manufactor in this field

thanks in advance
>>

That could be a trick question.

My ATI AIW tuner works great in a non Windows XP enviroment but with WinXP, forget about it.

Hossam

Mar 4, 2001
thanks all 4 ur response

what about Pixel View ????

i need TV Tuner Card only "not VGA + TV Tuner" :)

Agamar

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I tried Dscaler out, and it did give just a wee bit better picture, but nothing worth crowing about. I tend to stay with things that are the most stable under my current operating system. Under Win2k, ATI MMC 7.1 is rock solid for watching TV and doing light vid capture. I won't be moving to XP at all.

DinoGucci

Mar 13, 2002
dude get avermedia TV pro. that card is hot i got it and its pretty good. it works on 2k and xp well :)

odog

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
i have my WinTV-D working great in XP....

hauppauge has come a long way since i first used this card in W2K...