What pro bowler has picked up a 7-10?

buzzsaw13

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2004
What respectable pro puts him/herself in that kind of situation? :p

Back on topic, I'm sure a real good pro could pick up that spare.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I've seen it done twice. Once was legit, the 2nd time, the ball went into the gutter before hitting the pin (so it didn't count)

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
is it really that rare? I saw my dad do it once and hes deffinitely no pro, he just hit one and it bounced really lucky. If you did it on purpose i'd say thats pretty amazing, but you can just get lucky.

theknight571

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2001
I did it once when I was a kid (10-12 ish...I don't remember exactly, but I bowled regularly for few years then).

I threw the ball just hopeing to get the 7... but the bowling gods were with me that day... It hit the pin just right, and the pin bounced just right, and it hit the 10 pin just right.

Accidently or on purpose... I'll take it. :)

Unfortunately that's my only bowling highlight. lol

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Those are all luck and suck.

My best attempt I threw the ball right down the right hand side, and it rode the edge. Right at the last second it fell off so it just hit the side of the pin, kicked it STRAIGHt across, no bouncing into the back and coming up again.. Hit the other pin and wobbled it.

Those videos just show guys trying to get 1 pin only, and getting lucky.

flyboy84

Golden Member
Jul 21, 2004
One of the bowlers in the opening sequence of The Big Lebowski does this...the reeeeealy fat black guy. He does a funny dance after it too :)

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: aircooled
Originally posted by: ActuaryTm
Check under 1991 (these were televised instances).

All three televised conversions:

I assume that's his wife/gf in the audience of the first video. hot.

They said her name is Kathy, quite a hotty :thumbsup:

I don't see the big deal I made a couple of 7-10 splits when I was bowling. No biggie.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: dxkj
Those are all luck and suck.

My best attempt I threw the ball right down the right hand side, and it rode the edge. Right at the last second it fell off so it just hit the side of the pin, kicked it STRAIGHt across, no bouncing into the back and coming up again.. Hit the other pin and wobbled it.

Those videos just show guys trying to get 1 pin only, and getting lucky.

Exactly, it's not the real way of going for it.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
i have gotten it a few times. its more luck then skill i think. it reall depends on how the pin bounces.

May 31, 2001
I have done it several times, but that is out of countless games, and I would chalk it up to luck rather than skill. :p