What PC games are you currently playing?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
yea, battle realms was pretty cool, i didnt really like it, but lots of other people like it. graphics look nice too

dionx

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001

<< What PC games are you currently playing? >>

i recently deleted RTCW, rogue spear, giants, deus ex, myst III, unreal, aliens vs predators 2, ghost recon, and tactical ops.

when i did that, i also deleted UT, the only PC game i did play, however i recently reinstalled it for the purpose of running a dedicated server for my clan.

the reason i deleted the games was coz my vid drivers kept crashing in games and i got fed up with that.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
None, It's "TV Turn Off Week" :p.....

I'm only here 'cause I'm taking a break from mind numbing computer work... Actually... screw work, I'm gonna go red a book.........

Fangorn

Feb 27, 2001
I'm getting in a few minutes of Civ 3 and RTCW a day. Its pretty slow going.
Where the heck did all my free time go??!?!?

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
oh man, current games.... I absolutly love RTCW and play it alllll the time, the multiplayer is just plain awesome. I also play Serious Sam:SE, Quake 3 every once in a while, Max Payne when I want some sweet screen shots, MOH:AA when I want some really intense single player action... as for RTS games, I just tried one the other day that I am really impressed with. I bought Emperor: Battle for Dune. It is a RTS game by westwood and is actually very well done. It is alot faster paced than any other RTS game I have every played, so that took a while to get use to. But the gameplay is quite fun, so I would reccomend that.

I am looking forward to Jedi Knight 2, Warcraft 3, and No One Lives Forever 2 but I am not exactly sure when they come out.

cremator

Sep 21, 2001
I'm currently playing watch the BSP compile process count to 9... (Compiling a Quake3 map)

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Serious Sam II.

I reall want a good RPG to play, hack-and-slash, or otherwise. Dungeon Siege is coming out soon, hopefully that will be cool.

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Counter-strike (but starting to get bored of it)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
NHL 2002 (it's not the same without a gamepad)
Ghost Recon (great great game!)

Nemesis77

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord. That game rules!

And, eagerly waiting for Master of Orion 3 to be released :D!

Electrode

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
RTCW
Quake 3
Unreal Tournament
Quake 2

There really aren't very many games to choose from for Linux.

tops2

Oct 6, 2000
playing a little C&C renegade and still playing diablo 2 with expansion... don't know y, but i still enjoying playing diablo 2

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000

<< playing a little C&C renegade and still playing diablo 2 with expansion... don't know y, but i still enjoying playing diablo 2 >>

Is there anyway to change my crouch from "C" to Left CTRL in C&C Renegade? The way they have you setup the buttons is a PITA and I can't get it set correctly. I hate having to reach over and press "C" when I want to crouch :|