What NFL teams do you like and dislike?

w3stfa11

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2006
I like a lot of teams, sometimes because of locality, sometimes because of the players, and sometimes because of their history and traditions. Anyone else like other teams, beside their home team?

Dallas Cowboys - I live in Dallas
Detroit Lions - Grew up in Michigan
New England Patriots - Brady is an ex-Michigan player and he's great
Cleveland Browns - classic underdog team, love the city, and almost went to Case Western Reserve University
San Francisco 49ers - Jerry Rice is my favorite player of all-time.

Hate

Green Bay Packers - Defeated 49ers in playoffs many times
Indy Colts - rival to New England

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I hate, in this order: Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins, Patriots, Ravens, 49'ers.
Although I'm a Giants fan, I don't hate the Jets.
It's kinda different than intercity rivalries in other sports, like Yankees/Mets.

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
Like:
Minnesota Vikings - lived in MN all my life
Arizona Cardinals - don't know why, probably because they're in the same boat as the Vikes most of the time. Look good on paper, but can never quite get there.

Dislike:
Dallas Cowboys - Lots of good Vikes/Dallas games, with Dallas coming out on top most of the time
All other NFC North teams - I <3 the Vikes :D

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
I hate the patriots enough to hope for a plane crash into a building containing all of their fans.

Im indifferent to all of the other teams.

Summitdrinker

Golden Member
May 10, 2004
teams I don't like:
Dallas is number one

vikings, bears also,
I wouldn't really hate the vikes if many of there fans weren't such dickheads, but some of them have mellowed out lately it seems since they know they will never win the superbowl in there life time maybe

others somewhat:
seattle, I don't hate the team, just there coach
tampa bay

Rockinacoustic

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2006
Big Giants fan, but I've also followed Favre and the Packers since the championship days (Today was a real win-win for me :p)

I don't really hate any team, however I have a strong dislike for Tony Romo :thumbsdown:

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Rockinacoustic
Big Giants fan, but I've also followed Favre and the Packers since the championship days (Today was a real win-win for me :p)

I don't really hate any team, however I have a strong dislike for Tony Romo :thumbsdown:

How can a Giants fan not hate the Eagles and Cowboys?

EDIT: And the Giants got their asses kicked today. Win win? Why not just call yourself a Packers fan?

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: ThePresence

Especially a "big" one? Impressive toleration. I'm an Eagles fan, and therefore Dallas and the Giants must DIAF. I don't really have a problem with the Skins tho.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
HATE the cowboys.

i dislike almost every afc team...

i hate the cowboys so much that i would rather take a worse player during a draft than to pick a high ranked cowboys player.

i hate the cowboys so much that i'd rather cheer for birth defect of the nfl, the afc, during an interleague game.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: TheVrolok

Especially a "big" one? Impressive toleration. I'm an Eagles fan, and therefore Dallas and the Giants must DIAF. I don't really have a problem with the Skins tho.

Nobody really hates the Skins.
Their like your buddy's little brother that you kick around. :D

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com

you shut your mouth when you're talking about the skins...

n19htmare

Jan 12, 2005
LOVE the chargers, All the way chargers baby.

Hate the Raiders and their stupid Raider nation. I love how they are doing so Crappy these few seasons. LOVE IT.

rise

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman
I love the Patriots. Only the Patriots.

GO PATS!!!!

:beer:

belichick's contract extended through 2013 today, too :)

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: n19htmare
LOVE the chargers, All the way chargers baby.

Hate the Raiders and their stupid Raider nation. I love how they are doing so Crappy these few seasons. LOVE IT.

yeah, almost all of the afc is full of pud whacking losers, but fuck the raiders and their raider nation especially.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: eits

you shut your mouth when you're talking about the skins...

But he's so right. Honestly, who takes James Thrash BACK? :)

oiprocs

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
Broncos all day. How can you not like a team that cut blocks every year and never gets penalized for it? :p

Seriously though, I wish they'd have stuck with the orange crush. :(

We did win a couple Super Bowls after the change though, so I guess I can't be all that ungrateful. But we did of course keep Elway around with some shifty cap moves. :D

Hate: Patriots, Chargers, Steelers