What new car should I buy? $20-35K

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Originally posted by: CadetLee
Originally posted by: mercanucaribe
Originally posted by: funboy42
Why not buy a cheap Jeep Cherrokee and use the other money to buy toys that the jeep can pull arond with to fun destinations? You know the Jeep and say jet ski, boat, bike, snomobile, camper, why waste all that money one something thats justs going to depreciate even more. buy use very cheap and have alot of toys with the rest of the funds?

Or are you that well off it wouldnt matter and can get such an expensive car and all the toy mentioned too:p

Or spend a few thousand on a lift and 33" tires.

Few...thousand? You must be buying expensive lifts!

OP: How about a newish WRX for onroad and an older FJ40 for offroad? Best of both worlds.. :D

http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/wj/wj_lifts.html

$1500 for 4" of lift done right, then you need the diff gears swapped out for lower ones, skid plates, sway bar disconnects, and big tires.

bigfil

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Safeway
Originally posted by: fbrdphreak
Subaru Legacy GT Ltd 5-speed

[/thread]

OR -

Subaru Forrester GT

i just bought a forester xt and i have to say
this thing puts a smile on my face every time i drive it
got it for 250 over invoice

0-60 in 6 secs
14.3 1/4 mile

plus it will haul a family of 4 without issue
and it can do some light offroading with an 8 inch ground clearance
nuff said

edit: go test drive it and mash the throttle you will know what im talking about then

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Originally posted by: CadetLee
Originally posted by: funboy42
Why not buy a cheap Jeep Cherrokee and use the other money to buy toys that the jeep can pull arond with to fun destinations? You know the Jeep and say jet ski, boat, bike, snomobile, camper, why waste all that money one something thats justs going to depreciate even more. buy use very cheap and have alot of toys with the rest of the funds?

Or are you that well off it wouldnt matter and can get such an expensive car and all the toy mentioned too:p

Or spend a few thousand on a lift and 33" tires.

Few...thousand? You must be buying expensive lifts!

OP: How about a newish WRX for onroad and an older FJ40 for offroad? Best of both worlds.. :D

http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/wj/wj_lifts.html

$1500 for 4" of lift done right, then you need the diff gears swapped out for lower ones, skid plates, sway bar disconnects, and big tires.

Ah. I don't know a thing about Jeeps..only lifted my Tacoma 2.5", and 33x10.50s with stock gearing are no trouble at all. ;)

Dimkaumd

Dec 1, 2003
Dodge? Sorry, not buying american car... (i know that sounds terrible, but i have bad experience) although i did love my 91 buick regal

PowerEngineer

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2001

If it's a car you want, I'll put in a second for the Infiniti G35x mentioned earlier. It will be toward the top of your price range, but you might find some deals on the 2006 as the new 2007 is a redesign.