What NES game is this?

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
I remember an NES game where you look at windows in the side of an apartment building (or something similar) and shoot certain individuals, sort of in a first-person view. This was only part of the game though. My brother remembers that there was blood in it. I realize that's kind of vague but thanks if you know what I'm talking about.

Reactions: Alpi2574

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005
Originally posted by: thirtythree
I remember an NES game where you look at windows in the side of an apartment building (or something similar) and shoot certain individuals, sort of in a first-person view. This was only part of the game though. My brother remembers that there was blood in it. I realize that's kind of vague but thanks if you know what I'm talking about.

Are you thinking about the game where you are a police officer and you have to try to shoot the bad guys tha appear through the aparment windows? I remember that game... just don't remember the name. It was a straight rendition (or ripoff) of a classic arcade game...

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by: QED
Originally posted by: thirtythree

Are you thinking about the game where you are a police officer and you have to try to shoot the bad guys tha appear through the aparment windows? I remember that game... just don't remember the name. It was a straight rendition (or ripoff) of a classic arcade game...
Yes, that sounds right.

RaistlinZ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
If it's the game I'm thinking of Rescue, it's one of my favorite games on NES. :thumbsup:

Shooting bad guys in the window was only part of the game. You could also scale the building and bust through the windows, and run along the streets in 2D view and leap behind bushes when the police search lights get near you. I used to love trying to duck and roll away from police fire, then jump behind a bush until the seach lights went away.

Fun times. :)

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by: RaistlinZ
If it's the game I'm thinking of Rescue, it's one of my favorite games on NES. :thumbsup:

Shooting bad guys in the window was only part of the game. You could also scale the building and bust through the windows, and run along the streets in 2D view and leap behind bushes when the police search lights get near you. I used to love trying to duck and roll away from police fire, then jump behind a bush until the seach lights went away.

I think that's it. It's a lot different than I remember but I wasn't very old at the time. My brother mentioned something about getting shot when you're in a spotlight too. Thanks!

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
Originally posted by: Duwelon
Golgo 13?

That's exactly what I thought of when it was said the controller was used, not the gun.
That game had alot more to it than just that, but it was definately a part of it.

From Wikipedia:

Golgo 13 is one of the first Nintendo games to feature sex, drug use and graphic violence, an unusual release because at the time, Nintendo of America had strict content guidelines preventing the release of such content on its systems. Although the depictions were either implied or limited by the 8 bit technology of the NES, the content is mild when compared to modern video games, and was not controversial at the time of its release.

In the maze levels featured in the game, as well as one "sniper mode" mission in East Berlin, enemies are seen briefly bleeding from the head when killed. While the depiction is fairly tame due to the limited technology, most Nintendo games at this time did not feature blood.

In the beginning of the mission in Greece, if the player walks to the right several paces and then walks back to the beginning of the level, a pack of cigarettes is seen on the ground - Golgo 13 is seen smoking if the player walks over the cigarettes, and his health is restored.

Throughout his lengthy mission, Golgo 13 aka Duke Togo, encounters many female operatives who not only offer intelligence, but also themselves. The actual depiction of sexual consummation takes the shape of two small and primitive shaped silhouettes briefly coming together and voyeuristically viewed from a distant, wide-angle shot of hotel room window. In a strangely comedic twist, the player's energy is restored in the morning.

In the sequel, The Mafat Conspiracy, scenes are even more 'graphic' taking into consideration the technology of the time.

It should be noted that Nintendo required that Golgo had his profession changed to as a spy, rather than an assassin.

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Soundmanred
Originally posted by: Duwelon
Golgo 13?

That's exactly what I thought of when it was said the controller was used, not the gun.
That game had alot more to it than just that, but it was definately a part of it.

From Wikipedia:

Golgo 13 is one of the first Nintendo games to feature sex, drug use and graphic violence, an unusual release because at the time, Nintendo of America had strict content guidelines preventing the release of such content on its systems. Although the depictions were either implied or limited by the 8 bit technology of the NES, the content is mild when compared to modern video games, and was not controversial at the time of its release.

In the maze levels featured in the game, as well as one "sniper mode" mission in East Berlin, enemies are seen briefly bleeding from the head when killed. While the depiction is fairly tame due to the limited technology, most Nintendo games at this time did not feature blood.

In the beginning of the mission in Greece, if the player walks to the right several paces and then walks back to the beginning of the level, a pack of cigarettes is seen on the ground - Golgo 13 is seen smoking if the player walks over the cigarettes, and his health is restored.

Throughout his lengthy mission, Golgo 13 aka Duke Togo, encounters many female operatives who not only offer intelligence, but also themselves. The actual depiction of sexual consummation takes the shape of two small and primitive shaped silhouettes briefly coming together and voyeuristically viewed from a distant, wide-angle shot of hotel room window. In a strangely comedic twist, the player's energy is restored in the morning.

In the sequel, The Mafat Conspiracy, scenes are even more 'graphic' taking into consideration the technology of the time.

It should be noted that Nintendo required that Golgo had his profession changed to as a spy, rather than an assassin.

I owned both Mafat and Golgo13. Those games were awesome. Golgo13 is adult comic anyways (has nudity, sex, violence), so the tone of the game was fitting, although surprising for that time.

Alpi2574

Oct 20, 2021
www.youtube.com

Amazing game

Alpi2574

Oct 20, 2021
www.youtube.com
I used to play this game in the late 80s early 90s. I was thinking about but forgot the name, so I went to google and types nes game shooting window nintendo console and this came up. Thanks to this thread I found it, then I search it on youtube to verify it was the correct game and then….. Posted in here. Cheers.

Reactions: Stg-Flame

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
The internet truly is a wonderful place... sometimes. Glad you found the game you were looking for.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I was going to mention "Freedom Force". Shoot terrorists, using the Light Gun. Kind of like Operation Wolf, another good one.

Alpi2574

Oct 20, 2021
www.youtube.com
I was going to mention "Freedom Force". Shoot terrorists, using the Light Gun. Kind of like Operation Wolf, another good one.
I will have to youtube it to see if I’ve played it. Nowdays I be playing mobile games instead of console, got hook on Rise of Empires since I used to play age of empire. But they get me with the buying things, I spend like 2g a month to remain conpetitive 😪 But want to go back to old school console