What music are you listening to now?

Page 372 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
I'm a metalhead!

-Metallica
-Iron Maider
-Trivium
-Ozzy Osbourne
-Heart
-Skid Row
-Sabaton
-Judas Priest
-Disturbed

...just to name a few.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Playing it straight through

2R6rXsl.png

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Not really a fan of his music, but I live pretty much kitty corner to the Jimi Hendrix shrine here.

I think he can be a bit of an acquired taste. I also think more people say they like him than really do. They're influenced by popular perception. He has a raw ragged style, but also a natural swing, and groove. His studio albums aren't his best presentation imo. His live performances are where he really shines, and you can listen to the same song five times in a row, and not hear the same thing twice due to to the changes he made live. Granted, you don't always get diamonds that way, but you get some real magic every so often.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I think he can be a bit of an acquired taste. I also think more people say they like him than really do. They're influenced by popular perception. He has a raw ragged style, but also a natural swing, and groove. His studio albums aren't his best presentation imo. His live performances are where he really shines, and you can listen to the same song five times in a row, and not hear the same thing twice due to to the changes he made live. Granted, you don't always get diamonds that way, but you get some real magic every so often.

I appreciate his guitar playing, but I just don't particularly like any of the actual music. Maybe I should give it another shot...

ASAP Rocky -"Wild For The Night" Ft. Skrillex & Birdy Nam Nam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW4gFZTi9So

KT

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005