What music are you listening to now?

Page 95 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 10, 2000
Them Crooked Vultures - Scumbag Blues

I'm glad Josh Homme is around to keep rock alive and relevant (though QOTSA, Desert Sessions and TCV) . . .

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Them Crooked Vultures - Scumbag Blues

I'm glad Josh Homme is around to keep rock alive and relevant (though QOTSA, Desert Sessions and TCV) . . .

I love QOTSA; is this band similar? :hmm:

Flaming Lips - Haven't Got A Clue

KT

alevasseur14

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2005
I love QOTSA; is this band similar? :hmm:

Flaming Lips - Haven't Got A Clue

KT

Pretty similar, yes. I love their first album and rumor has it they are working on another to be released soon. The bands do have differences, I just can't pinpoint them enough to write them down. I guess the best I can do is say Them Crooked Vulture's debut album is pretty similar to Songs for the Deaf. On that album you've got Josh on lead guitar/vocals and Dave on drums. I think I live Dave on drums better than Dave as a singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ288rZ96Rs

I need another QOTSA album, pronto. It's been over three years now! They are re-releasing Rated R (one of my favorite QOTSA albums!) with some B-sides and live performances in August though.

Last edited:

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Pretty similar, yes. I love their first album and rumor has it they are working on another to be released soon. The bands do have differences, I just can't pinpoint them enough to write them down. I guess the best I can do is say Them Crooked Vulture's debut album is pretty similar to Songs for the Deaf. On that album you've got Josh on lead guitar/vocals and Dave on drums. I think I live Dave on drums better than Dave as a singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ288rZ96Rs

I need another QOTSA album, pronto. It's been over three years now! They are re-releasing Rated R (one of my favorite QOTSA albums!) with some B-sides and live performances in August though.

Yeah Rated R is awesome, I love that one. I'll check out Crooked Vultures, thanks man! :thumbsup:

Helmet - Bad Mood

KT

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
The Dead Milkmen - Wonderfully Colored Plastic War Toys

KT