What music are you listening to now?

Page 1098 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Hammock - Everything and Nothing full album

http://shop.hammockmusic.com/album/everything-and-nothing

I could never find this in my music player browser. Open a new playlist, add the directory only, and nothing shows up. Huh... Open the directory and open with vlc. Throws an error. Must be corrupted. For kicks, i double click a file, and it starts playing in quod libet. WTF?! Check the properties in file manager, and it's an ogg/flac file...

I download bandcamp music as flac, and transcode it to q8 vorbis as my "archive" format(deleting the original). That sounds equal to flac to my ears, and takes half the room. Anyway... I was having issues at one point with soundconverter, my transcoding software. To get something done, I used clementine's trascoder. One of the options is ogg/flac, and it defaults to that when you pick the ogg container. Why not a sane default like vorbis or opus? WTH knows?! If vlc won't play something ootb, it probably doesn't need to exist. ogg/flac?? All the size of flac, 10% of the compatibility, AND a lossy encode...

I had done some transcodes before noticing, and went back to fix it. Apparently I copied the wrong directory, and it wouldn't play. Got it all straight now.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Lethargy - "discography" or until I get tired of it

https://soundcloud.com/lethargy

I ripped all the tracks a few years ago. Glad I did. Soundcloud has an uncertain future, and stuff tends to disappear. I played a bit of ut2k4 with this guy. He was a phenomenal player, and not a dickhead. I should probably try to get in touch with him to see if he's still doing music. He's talented, and I'd like to see him pursue it further. His soundcloud hasn't been active in a long time, but he could have just switched to something else.

May 11, 2008
I like this song so much:
I like the guitars, the drums, the effects used for the voices.
This is my favorite hard rock song now.

Testament:- Animal magnetism

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Jul music on random play

Code:
tuxj@HP-Setup:~/Music_Special/Christmas$ ls
04 - Track 4.m4a
100 Classic Christmas Songs
1994 The Christmas (EP @320
2005 Amarantine Special Christmas Edition (2 CD) @320
2006 Enya Sounds Of The Season (EP) @320VBR
2008 And Winter Came...  @320
A Christmas Gift For You from Phil Spector
ambient night.mp3
A Swingin' Little Christmas (feat. Kate
A Very Swingin' Basie Christmas!
Boogie Woogie Christmas
Christmas Rocks The Best-Of Collection
cover.jpg
Dig That Crazy Christmas
Glenn Miller - In the Christmas Mood
Guy Lombardo And His Royal Canadians
In Winter
Katie Melua
New Year's Eve With Guy Lombardo And His Royal Canadians [Vinyl FLAC]
oldtimeChristmasOTRKIBM
oldtimeChristmasOTRKIBMpartTWO
otr_achristmascarol
Paul Winter
Rockin' Rudolph
Sunpapers_Christmas_Show
Tom Waits-Austin City Limits (1978)-06-Silent Night, Christmas Card From A Hooker .ogg
Vince Guaraldi Trio - A Charlie Brown Christmas
XmasMusicPack

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
82 years ago today...

N6zyvSR.png