What MP3 player do you have and recommand?

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
Im looking to get a MP3 player.

Features I would like it to have:

256mb memory.
Fm feature.
Voice recording.
preferably uses AA or AAA battery.

I looked thru the ones available in US and was quite dissapointed.
Although we do get few good ones, seems like Ones that are out in Korea, Hongkong and Japan are far far superior.

Any recommandations? Also, do most Mp3 players take files over 190kbit mp3s? and I didnt realize how small the jukeboxes were.. so im even more lost on what to choose..

thanx.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
iriver 390t

i own one, very satisfied. has all the features you listed, and works very well. check for reviews and ratings online, it gets scored very high.

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
Originally posted by: anxi80
iriver 390t

i own one, very satisfied. has all the features you listed, and works very well. check for reviews and ratings online, it gets scored very high.

what is the difference between this and 190t? just design?

and is the file browsing easy with this player?

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
it comes with longer play times, a line in jack and input, takes recordings and automatically convert them to mp3s (you can specify the bitrate, might be avilable on 190, but its not listed on their site).

the file browsing is pretty easy. i mean, you cant type names though, but navigating is a cinch. not to mention this thing has options galore. its incredible all the different play modes. not to mention, iriver releases firmware updates on a semi-consistent basis to fix bugs and add features. since i bought it, i changed the firmware to make the player act as a portable hard drive, so it can play music and have files dumped on it (using usb), and it supports ogg now through firmware upgrades.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: MustangSVT
suports OGG!! that's great to hear :)
yes. but the firmware for it is still in beta. im waiting for the final before i go through with the update. but yeah, it supports over 190kbps also (supports 8kbps to 320 kbps)

Ionizer86

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
I use my Pocket PC. The sound quality isn't the best, but it does a lot in addition to music. I have two 128MB cards, one SD, one CF, so I'm set.

Spook

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 1999
I recently picket up a TDK Mojo 256F

TDK Mojo 256f specs

256Meg, expandable via SD memory

FM turner, Voice recorder, and will even record FM to memory, but i haven't figured that out yet...

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
gosh how many MP3 player and Camera threads are we gonna see, and all have the same answer at the end, iPod for Mp3 player, and canon A70

geez use the search button guys

edit: dont mean to thread crap, sorry

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Rio Karma.

Ogg, WMA, FLAC, mp3 support.
Ethernet/USB2 docking station with audio outs for direct connection to a receiver.
Smaller (but thicker) than iPods.
Great interface.
Good software, even better with RedChairSoftware's RioRad, which adds explorer integration, network streaming, and full SQL querying of your music db.
Rugged design (already dropped twice with no repercussions).
Amazing sound quality (just picked up some Shure E2s....sounds absolutely fabulous).
5-band parametric equalizer with presets.
On the fly playlist creation/editing.
Around $300 for 20GB.

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
We have both a iPod and a Nomad Zen Xtra. I personally prefer the Zen Xtra for sound quality and storage, not to mention equalizer settings which my iPod doesn't have. If I had to purchase another it would be the Zen Xtra from Creative Labs.

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
Originally posted by: Rudee
We have both a iPod and a Nomad Zen Xtra. I personally prefer the Zen Xtra for sound quality and storage, not to mention equalizer settings which my iPod doesn't have. If I had to purchase another it would be the Zen Xtra from Creative Labs.

well i was thinking about those ipods and jukeboxes as well.. but I would rather have a smaller lighter mp3 player for portable use. I plan to get Xbox and make it HTpc (sorta ) with bigger hdd for mp3s :)

but those jukeboxes are very tempting because it cost just littlebit more and they arent as big as I expected .

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001

well i was thinking about those ipods and jukeboxes as well.. but I would rather have a smaller lighter mp3 player for portable use. I plan to get Xbox and make it HTpc (sorta ) with bigger hdd for mp3s :)

but those jukeboxes are very tempting because it cost just littlebit more and they arent as big as I expected .
my friend was completely against getting an HD based player, but after he borrowed my iPod he was hooked. in fact, i was also completely against HD based players, but was tempted by a great deal at my campus store. at the time i was looking at a 512mb flash player for around $300. my campus store was offering the 3rd gen 20gb iPods for $340 - from a value stand point, the choice was easy. now, i will never go back to a flash based player.

=|

Tetsuo

Lifer
Oct 20, 2002

Mini-iPod

midwestfisherman

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2003
Originally posted by: kalster
gosh how many MP3 player and Camera threads are we gonna see, and all have the same answer at the end, iPod for Mp3 player, and canon A70

geez use the search button guys

edit: dont mean to thread crap, sorry

hmmmmmm.....if you're not interested in the subject, then don't click on the thread. No ones forcing you...........