What maps do you miss from TFC?

Skacer

Banned
Jun 4, 2007
I don't know what it was called. But it was the upgraded 2Fort4 type design. It had 2 bases facing each other, but they had huge doors and then a little moat in front of each base and then in the middle of the outdoor area was a horizontal building which really consisted of 2 parallel hallways. People would rocket/gren jump over the middle piece to save time.

Also, the one where both flags were in towers that you had to take lifts to get to. And the window had a grate on it that you had to shoot a button to open.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
* I think I played the new cp_well briefly and it was away different, but I'd rather just have the old one as a CTF map.

* The border patrol/crossing map.

* Rock!! But not sure about the demoman not having the demo pack.

* Canalzone? Don't really remember it though the name is familiar.

I can't remember any more... it's been so long.

43st

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
I just want all the old CTF maps back, CP and domination are too short to let rock/paper/scissors style evolve. Oh.. and Hunted!!

SOSTrooper

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2001
bases_r2, pipezone, canalzon2, crossover, badlands were all really fun pub and match maps in TFC.

Avanti, it's a capture the point map so I think it should translate well into a TF2 map.
Scrummage is also another good map for TF2 IMO. It sucked as a TFC pub map, ok for a match map, but would be great for TF2.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
I really want Rock, that was my favorite map. And Well too. I don't really care about anything else, maybe they can come up with some new 2fort type maps.

Also, I wish there was a way to have the voice of the robotic "The enemy has taken... the flag" guy instead of that british bitch.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Skacer
I don't know what it was called. But it was the upgraded 2Fort4 type design. It had 2 bases facing each other, but they had huge doors and then a little moat in front of each base and then in the middle of the outdoor area was a horizontal building which really consisted of 2 parallel hallways. People would rocket/gren jump over the middle piece to save time.

Also, the one where both flags were in towers that you had to take lifts to get to. And the window had a grate on it that you had to shoot a button to open.

Both of those are the same map, Well. :D

Skacer

Banned
Jun 4, 2007
Originally posted by: bamacre

Both of those are the same map, Well. :D

Oh man I love that map, lol.

RandomFool

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2001
www.loofmodnar.com
I want more CTF maps. There's a lot of maps missing right now. Avanti, casbah, crossover, cz2, epicenter, hunted, rock2, warpath. The two maps I miss the most are the Hunted and the rock2. Although I suppose it's better than when CS:S came out. I just hope they keep adding new ones and bring back some of my old favs. The hunted was soooo much fun but I doubt there'll ever be a remake.

ReepNeep

May 17, 2007
The one I really miss is canalzone... nobody wanted to play that one in TFC either...
Oh and I second The Rock.

hg403

Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: ReepNeep
The one I really miss is canalzone... nobody wanted to play that one in TFC either...
Oh and I second The Rock.

I loved canalzone in qwtf, great design and it had unique objectives for a tf map. Also liked shoop.. had some really chaotic battles for the flag on that map. 32smooth was another favorite of mine. I didn't play tfc though so I don't know if these maps were ever played in it.

Skacer

Banned
Jun 4, 2007
Originally posted by: hg403
I loved canalzone in qwtf, great design and it had unique objectives for a tf map. Also liked shoop.. had some really chaotic battles for the flag on that map. 32smooth was another favorite of mine. I didn't play tfc though so I don't know if these maps were ever played in it.

I 100% agree with this random person, whoever he is. But I don't like him, he looks shady, why is his post count so low? What does he have to hide.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Rock2 there was crazy things you could do on that map. Like sniping effectively from inside the enemy base.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
I haven't read much on TF2 or know what the maps are so all I'm hoping for is Rock, Well, 2Fort and Dustbowl. The latter which was added after a patch, and was the most amazing map I ever played, especially as defense; assault was ok, but you can't beat "legal" grenade spamming:). Cannal zone was ok, but the only thing I really liked was the challenge in sneaking into the enemy command center as a demo man and blowing it up, even if no flags were planted. I can't wait to get back to my grenade launcher;).

Skacer

Banned
Jun 4, 2007
Originally posted by: Sraaz
2Fort, Dustbowl, and a modified Well are in already.

I haven't played a ctf based Well map. I believe the only well map I've played is a train station and that sure as hell isn't well.

RandomFool

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2001
www.loofmodnar.com
Originally posted by: Sraaz
2Fort, Dustbowl, and a modified Well are in already.

I haven't played a ctf based Well map. I believe the only well map I've played is a train station and that sure as hell isn't well.

If you squint real hard and use your imagination it almost seems like you're playing well.

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
Even if Valve doesn't do some of those maps (which I'm sure they will do some), I think this game is going to have a pretty large following of which plenty of maps will be made. I have played 3 custom maps and the game isn't even officially out yet!