What makes Diesel Jeans so good?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Don't see any young guys really wearing Levis.

I like 7 For all Mankind, these on a guy, for example

dot.gif
dot.gif

http://www.7forallmankind.com/RELAXED_IN_LAWRENCEVILLE/pd/np/8/p/3763.html

Wow opera for iphone sucks i just wrote a whole reply just to get it deleted!!!

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
first, most that complain about fashion either can't afford it or have no where to go to.

I don't care for high end denim, Levi's work for me. If I was a skinny ass fuck or obese dude I'd probably use it though to improve my game. My wife loves expensive jeans though as do her friends (one of the big items she is currently en route with back to Japan for a couple weeks).

I do like nice shirts though, I can find them down here in S. Florida much less than many have to pay for them though. Even on a discount I am probably spending more for T-shirts than some spend on their dress shirts.

Good clothes last a lot longer, you have to have the capital up front to carry that load though.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
anyone who thinks they look good in their jeans, regardless of brand, please feel free to post a pic. :thumbsup:

Mar 15, 2003
first, most that complain about fashion either can't afford it or have no where to go to.

I don't care for high end denim, Levi's work for me. If I was a skinny ass fuck or obese dude I'd probably use it though to improve my game. My wife loves expensive jeans though as do her friends (one of the big items she is currently en route with back to Japan for a couple weeks).

I do like nice shirts though, I can find them down here in S. Florida much less than many have to pay for them though. Even on a discount I am probably spending more for T-shirts than some spend on their dress shirts.

Good clothes last a lot longer, you have to have the capital up front to carry that load though.

You know, the old navy t-shirts I wear tend to shrink in the wash even when washed in cold/dried on low - what t-shirt brands do you recommend? I figure 3 or 4 won't bust my budget and can justify the purchase if they last longer.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Clothes most definitely make the man, if you have on jeans from Target females will think you're a cheap ass. They might find you attractive but if they think you're cheap and have no sense of style you won't make it far. Style means everything to a lot of females, and no dude can pull off Target jeans. An average to below average looking dude in some designer clothes will get more attention than a good looking guy who buys their clothes at Walmart. I'm not good looking but I get attention from females because I dress in nice clothes, the concept's pretty simple.

if someone family could name the brand or store where i got my jeans just by looking at them id just bail on that fact alone, care way to much about shit that does not matter

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
if someone family could name the brand or store where i got my jeans just by looking at them id just bail on that fact alone, care way to much about shit that does not matter

Regardless of brand, nice jeans looks better. I have a pair of Rocawears I bought last year, they're not super expensive. I paid $89 for them. Even after a year they stilllook nicer than brand new Levis. A lot of females see your jeans and even if they don't know the brand without asking, you look like you dress better and they like that. I would disagree with what you said at the end because looking nice is important to a lot of people, and you can't look nice in Walmart jeans. As another poster said people who don't wear nice clothes either can't afford them or don't go anywhere. If you like attention from females you dress nice, it's as simple as that. Nice clothes show you care about your appearance, shopping at Walmart is a sign you don't care what you look like.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 1999
anyone who thinks they look good in their jeans, regardless of brand, please feel free to post a pic. :thumbsup:

although they weren't aimed at showing my jeans, i love BKE jeans. i wear them until they fall off. too bad you can't see my ass in them mosh:twisted:

my 24th bday party at some sweet skating rink. i went and bought a dragon ball z(i don't do this or any cartoons) at a local goodwill to make it even sweeter:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and me playing leg guitar:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
You know, the old navy t-shirts I wear tend to shrink in the wash even when washed in cold/dried on low - what t-shirt brands do you recommend? I figure 3 or 4 won't bust my budget and can justify the purchase if they last longer.

hanes beefy-T's are always awesome.

However I just pick up t-shirts that look cool here and there.

I get a lot now (about 1 a month) from Bodybuilding.com...their blue shirts are great. The sprial not so good (thin)...

their plain white is ok.

The shirt I wore today was a tanktop with a giant lobster poking a diver with a ticklestick.

The caption was "TICKLE THIS"

I got tickled a couple times this morning.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
i just threw on a pair to take a pic...these are Calvin Kleins I think and about 4 inches too big in the waist :)

gaidensensei

Banned
May 31, 2003
Here are my favorite pair of jeans. I don't really own more than a few pairs of different jeans, I think I'm more into cargos.

Text

Mar 15, 2003
Finally went to century 21 and tried some premium denim. Seven for all mankind felt lighter than most denim, and the cloth was thin, which felt quite nice. They had deisel as well but not in my size.. Diesel was $99 and Seven for all mankind was $79, which is pretty reasonable compared to what I'm finding online... Also learned that "Seven7" and "Seven for all mankind" are different companies, which is contrary to what a lot of people think ("Seven7 is a lower end line"- not true, they're totally different companies).

I also tried out Lucky brand jeans and found that they were a great compromise - feels and fits great and only a few bucks more than Levis. I ordered the following online:

$31 - Lucky brand jeans: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
$46 - Mavi jeans: http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Sh...3/product.html

Cheap Monday's also mentioned on clothing forums as being a great source of affordable but fashionable denim.