What Made America Great?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: charrison
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla
There are also millionaires, billionaires, and corporations who also cheat the system and don't pay their fair share. Where's the outrage over that? "Because they earned it"? Please. Tell that to the guy who worked his ass off his entire life to pull in 150 G's a year when he's paying his fair share in taxes while the heiress to the Hilton Hotel fortune lives the good life and doesn't even know what taxes are because all her money and daddy's money is tucked away in Bermuda.

Good Post MT.

No, the AT experts say that is not happening at all, they say the Rich are hurting. Just take one look at Paris, now tell me she is hurting.

The rich pay taxes. They maybe able to skirt the rules, but they still pay large amount of taxes.

"They maybe able to skirt the rules"

Thank you, to claim they are "hurting" is ridiculous but that is exactly what some of the Experts in here are saying. I thought I heard everything from the AT Experts but to stand by a claim the rich are hurting is beyond absurd.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
There are also millionaires, billionaires, and corporations who also cheat the system and don't pay their fair share. Where's the outrage over that? "Because they earned it"? Please. Tell that to the guy who worked his ass off his entire life to pull in 150 G's a year when he's paying his fair share in taxes while the heiress to the Hilton Hotel fortune lives the good life and doesn't even know what taxes are because all her money and daddy's money is tucked away in Bermuda.

Good Post MT.

No, the AT experts say that is not happening at all, they say the Rich are hurting. Just take one look at Paris, now tell me she is hurting.

The rich pay taxes. They maybe able to skirt the rules, but they still pay large amount of taxes.

Thank you, to claim they are "hurting" is ridiculous but that is exactly what some of the Experts in here are saying. I thought I heard everything from the AT Experts but to stand by a claim the rich are hurting is beyond absurd.

Look Dave - only 1 person said something close to what you are insinuating. So for you to constantly suggest that many are is a bit disingenuous.

Time for people to start looking at their own lives instead of trying to blame it on "the rich" or "the man".

CkG

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
What made America so great is that were a large body of land isolated from much of the conflict that occured in history. Thus we have the high potential economically, and won't get our place ravaged by war ala WWI and WWII in Europe.

Democracy happened first here because of the nature of the times and thus making it most favorable to happen here. It wasn't because of anything "we" did, or what people did here.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

Good Post MT.

While the rich are not "hurting", when they are overtaxed they are unable to buy luxary goods and invest. The rich buying goods and investing is what provides those jobs you are so eager to see.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Good Post MT.

While the rich are not "hurting", when they are overtaxed they are unable to buy luxary goods and invest. The rich buying goods and investing is what provides those jobs you are so eager to see.

"when they are overtaxed they are unable to buy luxary goods and invest" , "While the rich are not "hurting"

So which is it? Are they rich or hurting? Or are you saying they are rich and hurting? Can't have it both ways. If they are hurting then how can they be rich?

Truest definition of rich is if you have to ask how much it is then you aren't rich.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

Good Post MT.

"when they are overtaxed they are unable to buy luxary goods and invest" , "While the rich are not "hurting"

So which is it? Are they rich or hurting? Or are you saying they are rich and hurting? Can't have it both ways. If they are hurting then how can they be rich?

Truest definition of rich is if you have to ask how much it is then you aren't rich.

The wealthy are not hurting when it comes to living. But do they have 50k to give to guy with business plan. The rich(and I am not talking millionaires) drive investment and job creation.

Vadatajs

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2001
I think it was the Marshall plan that really made America great. We helped our former enemies become major world powers. Our ability to not hold a grudge was amazing. I only wish the same rang true today.