what Live!Ware 3.0 for?

mylam

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
i have a Sound Blaster Live! Platinum 5.1, do i need the live ware 3.0?

what is it for, should i just install the driver only?

also i heard some people say the live ware is good and some people say its buggy?

whats ur input

thx

hifimaster

Jan 6, 2001
STAY with the liveware from the cd that came with your soundcard,the download is real buggy.

Liveware has a program in it called creative launcher,this program is needed to enable the rear speakers.

dcdomain

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
I hear sound from my rear speakers fine with just the drivers... but I might install LiveWare soon just to see how it improves the sound... if it does.

Erasmus-X

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999

<< Liveware has a program in it called creative launcher,this program is needed to enable the rear speakers. >>

Creative Launcher is not needed to enable the rear speakers. The AudioHQ control applet that is installed along with Live!Ware is. Creative Launcher is an annoying POS. I keep it uninstalled.

Horsepower

Oct 9, 1999
Remember that the 3.0 Liveware CD that ships with the SBLive is different than the one that ships with the platinum version.

mylam

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
yes i have platinum 5.1 version

but stupidly use the live wave online...now the pc getting error msg

and i cant uninstall the live ware and dunno what to do

thorin

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
&quot; Liveware has a program in it called creative launcher,this program is needed to enable the rear speakers. &quot;

Where did you hear that? That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard. All you need is the drivers, you don't even need AudioHQ as someone else suggested.

Good to see someone keeping CL Tech Supp in business.

Thorin

EvaX

Feb 20, 2001
when i was installin' my Live Value, i had problems with Liveware..it really is a POS...so i suggest you don't install it, the only good thing about Liveware is that it allows you to play with EAX and that's not too big a deal.

Daniel

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I have a live platinum 5.1 too, my cd got totally cracked the other day, ugh. I tried to use the downloaded version too and it won't work and now I don't have audio. Does anyone have the 5.1 cd that can send me a image or files needed or something?
thanks,
Daniel

Daniel

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
You can probably install the correct version on top of that and just edit msconfig or the win2k startup files so it doesn't load the creative launcher and whatever else you don't want it to load each time. I've never done it so I don't know for sure if that would cause a problem thought just installing on top of the old ones.