What kind of Voting Machine did you use?

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Voted for the first time here in Florida and they have the "push a hole in an actual paper ballot with a stylus" method.

Never saw this method before, always had a machine of some type as far back as I can remember and I voted for JFK.

What was at your location?

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I used a 0.7 mm mechanical pencil & the box from my copper HedgeHog heatsink.

Viper GTS

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Here in Georgia there were three deer that were in the auditorium...Gore, Nader and Bush. I walked in, got out my trusty Smith and Wesson rifle and shot for Gore. At 7:00, they count up the bullet holes and whichever deer has the most wins.

denali

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Like a computer graded test. Fill in the blanks with a marker and then put it into a scanner.

Deslok

Oct 9, 1999
konichiwa,

I got screwed- they only had three rabbits and a .22 in Athens.
BAH!
:disgust:

ChrichtonsGirl

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2000
We have the "connect the arrows" method - they give you a black marker and a big paper with all the candidates on it, you fill in the blank in the arrow of the candidates you want, then at the end, you feed it into a machine (looks like a big ol' copier) and it spits out a continuous printout of how many people have voted. It looked like a lot of gibberish to me, but that's what the old lady manning the thing said it was. Whatever. ;)

sweetrobin

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2000
I voted like Denali ... but 4 years ago I voted like thebestMax ... so I've done both ...

Ariel

Aug 1, 2000
Filled in the blanks with a black ball point pen and fed it into a scanner.

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
Poked holes in a piece of paper and dropped the paper off at the post office..

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
<<What kind of Voting Machine did you use?>>

An AR-15, fully auto. I voted by process of elimination. If I didn't like a candidate, I eliminated him/her.

And before you start screaming, YES!!! j/k. ;)

UG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
thebestMAX;

<...stylus...>

Florida being so much closer to a particular Carribean nation than other states, those stylii actually are Voodoo pins. =8^o

Boy, have you missed out on some fun. }8^D>

4824guy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Here in RI we get a large paper with the names of the people running on them with incomplete arrows next to there names. To vote for that person, you just connect the arrow. Then the paper is slipped into a counting machine.

bgruver

Aug 6, 2000
Here in Pennsylvania I used an electronic poll. There is a screen that is set up like a chart. Each party has a column and each position has a row. In each cell is the candidate. You push on the cell and a red LED light lights up. When you're done choosing you push a Green &quot;VOTE&quot; button and the voting booth makes a cool &quot;chime&quot; sound!

DadofOne

Oct 12, 2000
New gadget here--same as ChrichtonsGirl, my son had quite the time feeding my and Momofone's ballot into the balloteater......Why is it our Senatecritters can't drive???

MrsSkywalker

Jun 30, 2000
I used a No.2 pencil, put an &quot;x&quot; in the boxes next to the candidates' names, and then passed it to a little old man whose name was Ed and he put the ballot into a large, padlocked wooden box. Not too high tech...sorry, Ed!