What kind of motherboards do Dell use in..

Endeffect

Jul 29, 2001
I'm curious if anyone knows what brand/model of motherboard Dell uses for their Dimension 4300s series p4 1.4ghz systems? Trying to find out to upgrade memory on crucial. I assume they use SDRAM. Please let me know. ;)

bigshooter

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 1999
if its an rdram system, just get whatever rdram they have. If its an sdram system get pc133 sdram. The motherboard thing isn't necessary. They normally use Intel motherboards though (not just chipset, actual Intel board). try Dell support

newbiepcuser

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2001
They are intel motherboards, but I think Dell uses their own BIOS, but i don't think that will effect your memory selection. You can't go wrong with crucial or jump on those Delll memory deals when its on sale.

Endeffect

Jul 29, 2001
Thanks guys. I was just curious because I was planing on ordering through crucial, and I know it asks for the motherboard brand/model so I thought I needed to know. Guess there is a way to get around this and just get some pc133 sdram. thanks.

microAmp

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2000

<< I'm curious if anyone knows what brand/model of motherboard Dell uses for their Dimension 4300s series p4 1.4ghz systems? Trying to find out to upgrade memory on crucial. I assume they use SDRAM. Please let me know. ;) >>

SDRAM is what they use. When you go to Crucial on the 1st step, DON'T select Motherboards & Raid Cards, select the one above it Peronal Computing. From there you can find Dell on the 2nd step, 3rd step select Dimension then 4th step will be 4300S Series. Which will conviently bring you to this link.