What Kind Of Meals Are You Guys Making Now?

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
20200517_193635.jpg20200517_184947.jpg

Grilled king crab served with clarified butter and lemon. Caprese. Five cheese bread. I'm gonna shell whats left and tomorrow night make crab Louie.

Excuse the spill on the tablecloth. I spilled some dressing.

Reactions: ElFenix

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I bought a KitchenAid Artisan Mini stand mixer the other day. Got it on clearance for $269.00 CDN.

I tested it out with some dough making and it worked great. This will allow me to step up my game with bread/pizza dough making as well as cookie making.

@Kaido

like this one:

1590095106107.png

Last edited:

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I just baked some bread:

1590362785567.jpeg

1590362801603.jpeg

I will have to wait a bit before tasting them.

@Kaido

I just cut a slice and it's great! fantastic crust and soft slightly chewy inside.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElFenix

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Marinated chicken thighs. Will broil them tomorrow. Also have sea salt cured salmon, will cook that day after.

Reactions: Iron Woode

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Secret family recipe of my Thin Scandinavian-style Pancakes:

• Half a liter of fresh, whole milk
  • 2 dl quality (high-protein, preferably) wheat flour
  • 3 large free-range chicken eggs
  • A dash of your favorite salt to taste
  • Lots of fresh butter for frying

*Double all of the above ingredients if you are in great need of lots and lots of pancakes!!!

Add milk to a large mixing bowl and vigorously whisk the salt and flour into it. Watch out for lumps! Let the batter rest for a while, then whisk briskly some more to activate the gluten, which will help the pancakes resist tearing.

Add eggs during gentle whisking. Too much and fat from the yolks will create froth that will settle on top of the batter. :p Make sure everything is mixed well before proceeding.

Heat a small-ish iron skillet fairly hot. Mine is 21cm from inner edge to edge. Teflon/non-stick pans can work too but the surface treatment makes butter pool into large droplets and it won't spread properly. Frying in non-stick pan without butter makes for boring, mealy, tasteless pancakes, so don't do that.)

You want not so much heat that the butter burns, but still quite hot - frying will take forever otherwise, and these are not Merican pancakes so you will want to turn up the heat a bit. Add a decent amount of butter and spread it around - you will want enough to create a nice crispy rim all around the pancake when it is done frying.

When the butter is nicely browned, add sufficient batter to the pan to cover it fully in a *thin* layer. Let fry until the top surface has fully solidified and the bottom side is turning a nice golden hue. Flip over! Carefully so it doesn't tear, but quickly so it doesn't fold in on top of itself when landing - a wide spatula helps; you should be able to find a suitable one at Spatula City. (Just ask them for help, they know their spatulas there!) Finish cooking bottom side too and either serve immediately to a hungry mouth or start stacking them on a plate in the oven, set to very low heat.

Frying up a full batch (of 1 liter milk) takes me about an hour and a half or so. So be patient! lol

Serves well with various jams (although you may want to avoid lingonberry jam... It's not a great combo IMO), or sugar + lemon juice or sugar + cinnamon, or just plain sugar sprinkled/spread on top. Some like whipped cream also on theirs. Then roll up pancake into a tube and slice into easily edible sections, and enjoy!

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Tons of cheese, wine and indica. Been going for over 24 hours straight. Something of a party, you could say :p Its sorta ramping down now.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Salt cured salmon has been panfried, soup is ready, just waiting for the jasmine scented rice to finish cooking.

I'll let the chicken marinade one more day.