What kind of income do I need to not make to benefit from Barack Obama?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
You need to not make more than $250k

EDIT: Also, you could also benefit from Obama if you make over $250k. Your taxes might go up ever so slightly, but the boon to the economy will probably help your overall bottom line in such a way as to make the taxes not even noticable.

Last edited:

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
So healthy you don't need health insurance... Kewl...

Don't show up at the ER when you are sick/injured. Fuck Mitt Romney and his we already have free health care, it's called the ER. We really love a POTUS candidate telling people to continue being part of the problem...

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Just curious?

well, as long as you ship all of your income overseas, you can escape any kind of ebil librul tax policy.

You can even claim your own Obamaphone, showing how "poor" you now are!

It works!

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
well, as long as you ship all of your income overseas, you can escape any kind of ebil librul tax policy.

You can even claim your own Obamaphone, showing how "poor" you now are!

It works!
You guys still paying that extra 10% state tax?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You guys still paying that extra 10% state tax?

Don't ask me, I keep all of my money in Latvia. Of course, you first have to go through a shell company in Belize to find it.

and, yes: I love my new Obamaphone!

:wub:

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Don't ask me, I keep all of my money in Latvia. Of course, you first have to go through a shell company in Belize to find it.

and, yes: I love my new Obamaphone!

:wub:
Damn 1%er researcher/scientist/freeloader.

Well, are you still paying the extra 10%?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
I pay lower taxes under Obama than i did Bush (as did most working Americans). So, the overwhelming majority of working Americans benefited under Obama.

Nov 29, 2006
So anything that isn't bad we should be forced to purchase?

Only when you expect someone else to pick up your tab when you get into a car accident without health insurance and they rush your unconscious body to the ER to attempt to fix your defective brain.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Don't own a car, don't buy car insurance. You're not forced to buy it.

Don't want to buy health insurance, don't show up to the ER... No one forces you to come in and get free health care despite what the fucking retard Romney suggested...

Almost every day I see some full time, college educated, worker who is offered health care at their jobs come into my ER after having been in an accident and of course wants us to fix them for free. Sorry RA... THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE FORCED TO BUY HEALTH INSURANCE.

EOFS

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
Don't want to buy health insurance, don't show up to the ER... No one forces you to come in and get free health care despite what the fucking retard Romney suggested...

Almost every day I see some full time, college educated, worker who is offered health care at their jobs come into my ER after having been in an accident and of course wants us to fix them for free. Sorry RA... THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE FORCED TO BUY HEALTH INSURANCE.

EOFS

Except you pay a tax penalty for not having health insurance. I do not believe the government should be allowed to force an individual into an agreement with a private entity.

I made a civil post, could you try to do the same?

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Except you pay a tax penalty for not having health insurance. I do not believe the government should be allowed to force an individual into an agreement with a private entity.

I made a civil post, could you try to do the same?

I don't believe a possible POTUS should tell people that the solution to them not having health care is to come to an ER and ultimately stiff us. We are one of (if not) the only field of work that American's expect people to screw us on their bill and are completely OK with it. This is a humongous problem and one of the major factors why premiums for those of us who are insured keep going up and up and up every year.

RA if we could turn people away at the ER that have CHOSEN (not people who can't) not to buy health insurance there would really be little to no need for the penalty in the first place. But since we have to take everyone and the fact that most people know as long as you ignore the calls from the collectors there really isn't shit that's going to happen to you on a bad hospital debt. They are quickly sold to 3rd party collection agencies usually out of State and after a couple years it falls off and voila, thanks for stiffing us a couple grand and your credit is clean.

Poor people are not going to be fined or penalized for not having health insurance. We always eventually get paid on this patient population. One way or another. This is not the case for people who have the means to pay but chose to blow off insurance. Sorry if you take this as being uncivil... This just something near and dear to me since I live it every day and I have an emotional (and financial) investment in people who come ask me to perform and service and then expect me to do it for free despite having the means to pay that deduction every pay check they chose to forgo...

Feb 19, 2001
I benefit from Romney. I make under 6 figures, but I'm single. No house. No child. No deductions worth crap.

I'll pay less under Romney with his 20% income tax cut.

I also have some capital gains which would get tucked away under Romney.

I ran this through a calculator to be sure, but it sounds pretty true to me.

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
I don't believe a possible POTUS should tell people that the solution to them not having health care is to come to an ER and ultimately stiff us. We are one of (if not) the only field of work that American's expect people to screw us on their bill and are completely OK with it. This is a humongous problem and one of the major factors why premiums for those of us who are insured keep going up and up and up every year.

RA if we could turn people away at the ER that have CHOSEN (not people who can't) not to buy health insurance there would really be little to no need for the penalty in the first place. But since we have to take everyone and the fact that most people know as long as you ignore the calls from the collectors there really isn't shit that's going to happen to you on a bad hospital debt. They are quickly sold to 3rd party collection agencies usually out of State and after a couple years it falls off and voila, thanks for stiffing us a couple grand and your credit is clean.

Poor people are not going to be fined or penalized for not having health insurance. We always eventually get paid on this patient population. One way or another. This is not the case for people who have the means to pay but chose to blow off insurance. Sorry if you take this as being uncivil... This just something near and dear to me since I live it every day and I have an emotional (and financial) investment in people who come ask me to perform and service and then expect me to do it for free despite having the means to pay that deduction every pay check they chose to forgo...

Your battle is in the enforcement of laws already in place, not the proposal of ANY healthcare plan currently being proposed, though suffice to say you'd basically be taking the burden you're complaining about now and dumping it on somebody else regardless because UNTIL we enforce laws already in place, ER's will still be full of those who won't pay a dime and quite honestly, those who aren't supposed to be in this country in the first place. And you'd want to take those legal issues up with the current POS.......errrr.....excuse me.....POTUS.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999

People also pay a "tax penalty" for not having a mortgage, not having student loans, not buying energy-efficient appliances/vehicles, and for not getting married and/or having kids.

Where's the outrage over this?