What kind of income do I need to make to benefit from Mitt Romney?

D

Deleted member 4644

lol basically what dank69 said.

But several hundred thousand is probably a good starting number.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
If you listened to him last night, then all income levels. Especially those without a job.

steppinthrax

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2006
I'm in between, Obama voters seem to be the very poor while the Mitt Romney voters are the very rich....

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Troll Troll Troll your boat.....
No damn it! Romney will just show that taxation inherently hurts the poor by making them pay more directly. They already pay the most indirectly, he justs wants to them pay the most directly. He is a dangerous man and after seeing his retarded illogical ass the way he was at the debates last night with how goofy Obama is acting... makes me worry that plastic piece of shit Romney can't be stopped... he looks more like a fucking ape than most people do FFS including Bush and Obama. Obama is too good to be re-elected. You fucking pro-business, pro-state, pro-tax, anti-market people part of the Kochtopus fuck things up because good independents like Dr. Paul and his followers let you... I can and will flee Romney's retarded ass so he can't kidnap me, torture, or sterilize me (or anyone else) inside (or even outside) of the homeland of the free thinking, classically liberal, TRULY conservative, lawfully and constitutionally confederalist and Jeffersonian Old Rightists.

Sorry to people what I posted may have bothered, but the point needs to be expressed by a firebrand like Thomas Paine... I know I'm no Thomas Pain and I need to be cooled, but the damn bullies are fucking up the minority free thinkers. No wonder Jefferson, Dr. Paul, and even Obama get so depressed... it's because they're prohibited from even talking to each other. Obama needs to say fuck Romney and just flee the damn place because Romney will win... no wonder he loves democrazy so much. Jill Stein and Gary Johnson can suck my cock by the way because Obama is the true independent not already knocked out by the majority.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Don't worry, if Mitt gets elected you'll be a poor Democrat before his first term is over.
IDK about that... he seems smart enough to have already started looking at how to get out of the "American system" that Lincolnites and Wilsonians (most of whom don't even understand the people behind the philosophy they preach) love so much. Obama is harmless compared to Romney. Maybe Al Gore wouldn't have gone into Iraq and if he did he would've tried to have been cute about it unlike Clinton and Bush. Bush was a tool who was just told that "democrazies don't kill each other" and it made him feel like he was helping the Iraqis by bombing the hell out of them, but he was on MDMA most of the time.

Wilson may not have known what he was getting the people of the world into (that dude had already had like 20 strokes by the time he became President)... he was still a free thinker who did good for some (he would be called a "holistic visionary" by some), but he just wasn't mentally fit for public office.

Last edited:

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Just curious?

It's not about the income level. If you want to pull your own weight, be accountable for your own success or failure, and not depend on the government handout, Romney is the better choice. If not, then obummer is your guy.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
You benefit from yourself. If you have to ask what someone can do for you, then you are doing it wrong.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
did i hear him right when he said he wants to cut all marginal tax rates by 20%?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
did i hear him right when he said he wants to cut all marginal tax rates by 20%?
Yes, but he can make that up by closing loopholes. Who knew we had $8T dollars worth of loopholes in the tax code?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
If you listened to him last night, then all income levels. Especially those without a job.

I didn't watch last night, but did he basically repeat the 20% tax cut across the board? Because if that's what he said, that's the biggest lie any politician has ever told and should automatically disqualify him from the presidency. We're in this mess in large part because of bush's tax cut. What he wants to do is completely bankrupt this country. Not even Fox News let his little toadie, Paul Ryan, off the hook for that.

thelastjuju

Nov 6, 2011
You benefit from yourself. If you have to ask what someone can do for you, then you are doing it wrong.

Oh man, this cowboy bullshit. :whiste:

Nobody just succeeds all on their own. I'm not saying the government helped you, but some parent, friend, teacher, co-worker, or role model had to have been there to inspire you to succeed.

Oct 16, 1999
Oh man, this cowboy bullshit. :whiste:

Nobody just succeeds all on their own. I'm not saying the government helped you, but some parent, friend, teacher, co-worker, or role model had to have been there to inspire you to succeed.

No way, these people even birthed and raised themselves. Fuck parental overreach.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I didn't watch last night, but did he basically repeat the 20% tax cut across the board? Because if that's what he said, that's the biggest lie any politician has ever told and should automatically disqualify him from the presidency. We're in this mess in large part because of bush's tax cut. What he wants to do is completely bankrupt this country. Not even Fox News let his little toadie, Paul Ryan, off the hook for that.
No, he didn't say it on live TV, but it is written in the details of his tax plan on his website.

CountZero

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2001
It isn't quite that cut and dry.

If you work in defense you want Romney, despite his concerns about deficits he wants to increase spending there.

If you work public sector...lean Obama but it isn't clear cut. Public sector has dropped quite a bit under Obama but might flatten or increase in a second term. Romney will want to continue cutting public sector.

If you work in oil or are involved in fracking you want Romney.

If you work in solar or wind you want Obama.

If most of your income is capital gains you want Romney.

If you make over $250k you want Romney, Obama already wants to let the Bush cuts expire for those in that bracket.

If you are $100k - $250k lean Romney. His 20% across the board tax cut with closed loopholes will become a break even somewhere in this range. Without specifics it is hard to guess and most analysis has put it in the higher range but my guess is that it won't be revenue neutral through loopholes alone and so the break even will be closer to $100k than $250k.

If you are $50k - $100k lean Obama. You are already doing ok under the Obama administration and he is unlikely to rock the boat tax wise whereas the Romney plan it isn't clear how it will hit you.

If you are under $50k you want Obama. You are more likely to need the safety nets that Romney will want to cut and very likely to be a part of that 47% that apparently already are voting for Obama anyways.

Of course this assumes 1. that they aren't just pandering for votes (they are) 2. that if elected they could actually push through any of the plans they propose and 3. that you vote solely based on whether or not their plans might potentially help you financially and ignores every aspect a candidate offers.