What kind of hd software do I need

alanwest09872

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2007
Right now I use cccp for my codecs and that seems like all I need and everything works great. I am always looking to improve my picture quality though. I read stuff like Nvidia PureVideo HD or CyberLink and such and they claim they can increase my picture quality. Now is this true or is it all just to get me to buy there product.

I have a projector and a bose 5.1 system. The projector is hooked up with component and the audio is hooked up with fiberobtics. So if I am looking to get the best picture qualtiy possible what should I get

yinan

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2007
Picture quality would be more reliant on the original source, anything else is just guesses. You cant REALLY upscale DVD to BluRay. You want a better picture get a better source media.

AFurryReptile

Golden Member
Nov 5, 2006
Well what do they do then. Sorry to keep bugging but are they just waste of money

Yes.

IMO, get yourself a video player like KMPLayer or VLC, and tweak, tweak, tweak until you get the right settings. That's about as good as you're going to get without higher quality source video. Anti-aliasing goes a long way toward helping low-res look better.

alanwest09872

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2007
Lol ok thanks for straighting me out a bit I would say Im about 50 percent less confused now. Thanks a ton :)