What kind of desk do you game on?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mike Gayner

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2007
It's a tough room to photograph, but here goes.

nwJrk.jpg

vSbJv.jpg

I cant stand small desks. Mine is only just adequate.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I have a pre-1965 Leopold that look like this:

am50lehighleopolddesk01.jpg

Solid walnut wood, hanging folders in the drawers, pull out writing shelves, brass handles.
I picked it up at a auction a few years ago, and it is in nearly perfect condition.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I have a 72" L-Desk as well, but unlike the other user, I don't have a hutch. Hutches are too restrictive in regard to where you can place your monitor and such, and if you have large monitor(s) (especially in regard to the plurality), it just becomes a no-go. My printer, router, modem and full-size tower also sit on top of my desk.

hooflung

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2004
s0247741_sc7

I have my APC Pro series where that g4 mac is... I have a 20" lcd on the rise shelf and a 24" samsun, a razor tarantula and a rat 7 mouse sitting on top the desk. I have a dreamcast and ps1 on the far right upper shelf with another APC ( smaller 550 pudge ) on the bottom right.

My PC sits on a computer floor stand with 4 wheels between the desk and the large Ikea bookshelf turned entertainment center ( sitting on its side using its odd shapes to cater to each console's footpring ).

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Staples has the following L-desk on sale for $80 and you can probably get the $25 off $75 coupon online somewhere to get it for ~$55 + tax + free shipping:

<pic removed>

Link: http://www.staples.com/Z-Line-Gemini...duct-nr_497474

That desk is kind of meh. I used to use it since it was nice to save a bit of money (my current desk cost around $400), but the separation in the middle was less than stellar and the desk just felt pretty cheap.

LokutusofBorg

Golden Member
Mar 20, 2001
Another vote here for Gallant. I have the corner desk at home, and at work when we built a new dev room we got the Gallant straight desks and they were awesome to work on; they accommodated pair programming and such very well, and were height adjustable to the point that a couple people that preferred to work standing were able to. At my new job I'm trying to get Gallant desks for our new office when we move.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Solid wood desk not exactly a pc gaming desk but it mind as well be,maybe 25 years old...i like it it isn't cheap like those particle wood junkers you find at alot of places .

Hate particle wood with a passion especially when it ages just yuck had glass and any dust just shows.....wood for the win!