What kind of cologne do you wear?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DeafeningSilence

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2002
Emporio Armani.

I bought it after reading an article (possibly in Sports Illustrated) by Christie Brinkley. She was reviewing 5 different colognes -- she described one as "fruity", one as "musky", etc. When she gets to the last one, Emporio Armani, she said that after spraying it on a piece of paper, she couldn't put the paper down. She sounded like she was falling in love with the little piece of paper. :) Good enough for me....

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: ggavinmoss
Originally posted by: Scouzer
I don't wear any. I don't like smelling like anything other than not dirty.

I agree. Also, I'm allergic to most all cologne. Yuck.

I can't take musk based colognes or perfumes or any cheap cologne/perfume in quantity.

Cold Water is pretty good if it's not in gallons... I'd like something like that. However it is important to remember that women have a much keener sense of smell than men do. A little goes a long way.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
None, i think they all stink and im allergic to most mens cologne's and ALL womens perfumes.

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
I use to wear Nautica or Cool Water... havn't worn any cologne in years tho.
Have any of you compared Nautica to Nautica Competition?

dleiss

Apr 5, 2002
I wear it to get rid of the sting after shaving. Brute is cheap, doesn't have a strong long-lasting smell so I can splash it on, and eliminates the sting, especially if I start sweating.

Peetoeng

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2000

I smell what I eat. So, dependent on my appetite du jour:

Mexican foods (gaseous)
Tuna sandwich (whoa, gotta pinch my nose when pee)
salads and fruits (undetectable)
Sunday chinese buffet w/ fresh oysters (take at least 3 steps back when I talk to you, or else)