What kind of Amplifier to buy?

WHSLacrossekid

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2001
I got one of these Kicker CompVR for cheap. I'm thinking about getting another one. What do you guys think would be a good and affordable amp to buy to power one, and then another option to power 2 of them. Rememer I don't know much at all about Car Systems. I'm not trying to get a PRIZE winning system so don't tell me that i bought a POS speaker. Thanks

pac1085

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
CompVR's are awesome speakers for the price. Take a look at Kickers amps, they are prety nice.

TheNemesis

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2000
JBL 600.1 for one, or JBL 1200.1 for two. 600.1 runs $205 shipped, 1200.1 is $285 shipped.

Valinos

Banned
Jun 6, 2001
I like MTX. Not to down you or anything, but every time I've heard a car with Kicker amps/subs I just laugh. They're cheap for a reason. It is worth the money to buy Alpine/MTX/Clarion or even JBL and Rockford Fosgate. Stay away from anything less. You may see a Kicker amp for 500W RMS, but they will not put out 500w of clean pure power...they are crap.

Etronics.com is a great site for buying car audio equipment. I was able to get my Alpine setup for about 40% off the regular retail price. Their speakers and subs are mucho cheaper than most placs out there, but their amps aren't quite as cheap. They're a good reseller tho.